What's new

How much is "heavy use"?

Scotte

Hi. I've fairly new to kava, and I find it helps me get through difficult mornings. I'm not a coffee drinker, mostly due to anxiety issues, but I do definitely get a good start to the day if I take 2 tablespoons of kava mixed in an aluball, doing 2-3 washes. I am concerned about the possible effects on cholesterol and possibly liver issues. My question to some of the more experienced kava drinkers is, does 2 tablespoons maybe 5 days a week sound like a lot? I know the dose is low, but the amount of days concerns me a bit.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi welcome to kf, 2 tablespoons, 5 or 7 days a week is all good, just drink plenty of fluids to make up for the diuretic (kava).

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Researchers fell asleep after drinking one pound a week. Meh...wimps! :ROFLMAO: ::chugger::

Bula! I am taking a break from taking a break for a few days.....:angelic
There's "heavy use" and then there's "Krunky use" two totally different things ;)

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
There's "heavy use" and then there's "Krunky use" two totally different things ;)
Just curious…is 40 gms your daily limit? I didn’t know how much I was using so I weighed my 1/2 cup I use spread out throughout the day and discovered that it’s 80 gms. I weigh ~190 lbs …Is the kava effects influenced by body weight like alcohol? tia Kapn

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just curious…is 40 gms your daily limit? I didn’t know how much I was using so I weighed my 1/2 cup I use spread out throughout the day and discovered that it’s 80 gms. I weigh ~190 lbs …Is the kava effects influenced by body weight like alcohol? tia Kapn
40g is my nightly batch amount, and I never go over that.

I believe the same would apply here with body mass and strength, however there have been no studies on it.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I do 70-80 grams to a liter but i only drink kava twice a week. Ive tried more and around 90 the double vission and side effects negate most of the postive effects.