What's new

How much is too much :/

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Doesn't "inu ke fiu" literally translate to "drink until you're full"? Well, that's exactly the whole point of this thread! ;) ::happyshell::

I definitely like how you put that together! ;) lol That was a good one! lol

but traditionally Tongans don't use or say anything before we drink.. We just clap twice and drink

Last edited:

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Piggy backing off this topic: How do you keep the rooted feeling going? I really only get good effects if I drink around 6-8 tablespoons relatively quickly. If I try to keep it going past that, its as if those receptors are maxed out. I just get compiling negatives at the point with no positives. Kava is perfect for me after work. If I try to chill out over the weekend, it is never as enjoyable as those post-work sessions.
Mannn, would I ever like to know this as well!
There have been sessions where it just KEPT...ON...GOING, and it was wonderful.
I have flashbulb memory from each time and can picture exactly what my family and I were doing, and I was so at peace.

Most of the time, however... it seems that whatever I do UP-FRONT is what I'm gonna get, which leads me to drinking at least 2 shells of the thickest stuff possible.

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Everyone I believe has their limits. I hit mine one day(wife was pissed) I consumed a 1/2 cup in 16 oz of juice all at once. Needless to say, I projectile vomited her lovely dinner she made me and I had uncontrollable movements like a parkinsons patient for close to an hour. Bad kimchi man. Nowadays, I’ll do 1/3 cup in 16 oz then wait 3 or 4 hours before I repeat. That seems to work for me these days but, I still have to be mindful of my slight nausea levels. Once I get past that, I am a happy camper. Note that I like the heady Wow kava mostly…just my .02

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Parkinson-like movement was shuffling legs (dopamine depletion) or jaw clench and weird facial movements (dopamine release observed when high dose levodopa kicks in)?

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Parkinson-like movement was shuffling legs (dopamine depletion) or jaw clench and weird facial movements (dopamine release observed when high dose levodopa kicks in)?
May have been dopamine depletion. Just read today on examine.com that it can possibly deplete levels up to 150%. I was completely unbalanced and rocking side to side if I stood up. I had to stay seated and after about an hour the symptom’s subsided. I guess I hit my stops… I have that kind of personality. Dangerous but, helps me define my limitations. If anyone finds themselves in that situation, I believe it may be reversed quicker with supplementing with some Dopa Mucana capsules. Now Foods Brand makes a decent product.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
May have been dopamine depletion. Just read today on examine.com that it can possibly deplete levels up to 150%. I was completely unbalanced and rocking side to side if I stood up. I had to stay seated and after about an hour the symptom’s subsided. I guess I hit my stops… I have that kind of personality. Dangerous but, helps me define my limitations. If anyone finds themselves in that situation, I believe it may be reversed quicker with supplementing with some Dopa Mucana capsules. Now Foods Brand makes a decent product.
I wouldn't put too much stock in that 150% number. Kava may modulate dopamine levels, but a drop like that would have you in serious condition.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
If anyone finds themselves in that situation, I believe it may be reversed quicker with supplementing with some Dopa Mucana capsules. Now Foods Brand makes a decent product.
Mucuna pruriens - first aid type
L- or D,L-Phenylalanine - strategic everyday food supplement
IDK if herbal MAO B supplement is available. Phyllodendron amurensis... Something in ayurveda, too...babchi or bakuchi? Research these keywords if you wanna dig deep.