What's new

How Much Micronized Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZdude

Kava Curious
I just received some micronized Papa Ele Ele, Moi & Papa Kea :happy: Just wondering how much others use of this in an evening?

Last night I started with 3 very level TEA SPOONS of Moi. I started to think I hadn't used enough, so then I began making another the same, but then the effects kept getting stronger - it really crept up on me slowly. By the time I had made the next drink, another 3 level tea spoons, I felt like I had had enough, so didn't drink it. The effects from the 3 spoons was the best I have ever experienced, but the effects wore off quickly, so I drank the next. Later, I made another 3 level tea spoons. I didn't need it, just wanted to see where this Moi could go. This 3rd drink was too much for me :wacky:

Next time, i would probably use 4 or 5 tea spoons, and just have the one drink for the evening i think.

violet

Do all things with love
1 level tablespoon (= to 3 level teaspoons) at a time. Repeat as often as necessary.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I use one level teaspoon per cup of water which isn't too strong or weak. Just right said Goldilocks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
I used 3 teaspoons of Honokane Iki last night and it did the job. 2-3x the potency as Chris said in a thread is accurate. I used about 4 cups of hot water and it had no flavor, which is a good thing for me. Didn't squeeze while straining since Kavalot didn't in his method: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/micronized-blender-method.2515/

It was great. I want to try 2 tbsp tonight. I was actually getting OVER a sickness from another kava I took 2 days before. This Chris's kava not only didn't make me sick but made me feel better. I didn't drink any of the sediment. I'll have to keep drinking it though to give an unbiased review haha.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
This is my first bag of micronized and all the good stuff Deleted User01 and others have been saying about it are true. I got the Papa Ele Ele and I really like the heady aspect. I thought I'd like it more, coming from a prediliction for other heady stuff, but I'm gonna be trying the Papa Kea next. I really like the more relaxant and analgesic lactones the best and I realized that since using such a Kavain heavy strain for the first time.

I use about a level-ish teaspoon in a cup of water per round and will have 1-3 rounds depending on how I want to feel and how long I want to feel it. If it lasted longer, I'd probably be able to call it good at 1 tsp, but when that huge dose of Kavain vanishes and there isn't as much body effects underlying, I gotta go again. Fast fading early effects aside, this is seriously potent stuff and with enough, any good kava will melt the muscles. I get a noticeable head change from just licking the teaspoon after scooping, no joke. I think, if I had to, I could do with a just a pinch and a gulp of water.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
That's what I hear, violet. This tuesday is the expected delivery date. Beyond getting to try a different kind, I'm extra excited about it getting here because I've been blasting through the Ele Ele chasing that body feel and I'm hoping this is just a consequence of this particular chemotype. I think I'll still have a little tiny bit by the middle of next week, but it'll be close. I probably could have made this bag last at least a good week longer if not for a bit of user error when first trying the micronized. I probably had 3 or 4 tbsp's the first couple of nights I got it. With the powdered root I could only drink till I got nauseous, but with this I can keep going and going. Now I know that, for me, there's a ceiling in the effects, or at least a perceived one, after which I'm just wasting Kava.

As for the jealousy, it's ok. I'm jealous of people that can slurp the traditional-prep down with no GI issues.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
And especially jealous of Pacific Islander's livers being made for the stuff. It seems like portrayals of Native Oceanians in the media never mention Kava at all. I didn't know how central it was to their culture or economy until I started looking into using it myself. It seems a little like cheating to live in an earthly paradise and have free access to a plentiful, harmless and cheap muscle relaxant/anxiolytic, but I can hardly grudge them.

violet

Do all things with love
That's what I hear, violet. This tuesday is the expected delivery date. Beyond getting to try a different kind, I'm extra excited about it getting here because I've been blasting through the Ele Ele chasing that body feel and I'm hoping this is just a consequence of this particular chemotype. I think I'll still have a little tiny bit by the middle of next week, but it'll be close. I probably could have made this bag last at least a good week longer if not for a bit of user error when first trying the micronized. I probably had 3 or 4 tbsp's the first couple of nights I got it. With the powdered root I could only drink till I got nauseous, but with this I can keep going and going. Now I know that, for me, there's a ceiling in the effects, or at least a perceived one, after which I'm just wasting Kava.

As for the jealousy, it's ok. I'm jealous of people that can slurp the traditional-prep down with no GI issues.
I'm drinking some Papa Ele Ele now, it feels mostly heady to me, but the relaxation that comes with it does help with the body. Don't go looking for the heaviness of something like a Vanuatu, I don't think you'll get it with the Papa Ele Ele. I am pretty susceptible to nausea from kava, dermopathy as well, but Chris's hawaiian's treat me really well. No nausea, and I have to be drinking a ridiculous amount to get the very beginnings of dermopathy. His kavas are so clean :happy:.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'm drinking some Papa Ele Ele now, it feels mostly heady to me, but the relaxation that comes with it does help with the body. Don't go looking for the heaviness of something like a Vanuatu, I don't think you'll get it with the Papa Ele Ele. I am pretty susceptible to nausea from kava, dermopathy as well, but Chris's hawaiian's treat me really well. No nausea, and I have to be drinking a ridiculous amount to get the very beginnings of dermopathy. His kavas are so clean :happy:.
Yes, sounds awesome, I pulled the trigger on my first micronized and got the Papa ele ele along with the Promo Pack, which is an awesome deal BTW. I've only tried the Honokane Iki so my search continues for a good heady/anxiolytic kava hoping this does the trick. What do you think a good set/setting is for this kava? or what environments do you find this works the best in? Thanks...

violet

Do all things with love
I feel like the Honokane Iki is a "git er done" type of kava. It helped me tremendously with concentration/attention span and I was able to plow through papers, exams, assignments, etc. while I was drinking it. YMMV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.