What's new

How much?

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
Question for curiosity sakes? how much kava do you consume nightly and in a session.
If im looking to get krunk, 6 tsps usually top me off. However, most nights to help with my insomnia I take 3-4 tbsps. Before what i can only assume was reverse tolerance, I would be up to 8tbsps without huge effects.
nightly for medicinal purposes its 3tbsps
for krunky times its 6tbsps.
It would be interesting to see how far reverse tolerance can take one.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Krunky, lol. I use the knead method and I use one cup of N@H Stone (I'm pretty sure this is my favorite kava) to 2 cups of water. Set in warm water ~120 degrees for 30 minutes. Knead for 15 minutes and chill in the fridge for a few hours. This is my nightly routine. Occasionally I wonder how I even made it to the bedroom.

Before I started using the straining and kneading method I would stir in 3 tbsp of papa ele ele HKC powder with 2 cups of water and drink. My skin absolutely hated me.

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
I usually do about 1/4 cup on week nights and 1/3 cup on weekends (or a crappy weekday) with about 3 cups of water and knead for 5 minutes.  I'll then chug an 8 ozish shell and knead for another 5 minutes and let it soak for 5-10 minutes.  I'll knead and squeeze real hard and have another shell.  Depending on the kava I'll add some more water for a second weaker squeeze.

kavalover

Outsider
Lately I've been adding a cup or, on the weekends, 2 cups of kava to 2 cups water. I'm finding how as I slowly become a kava veteran, I really like a gritty potent concoction to chug. Though my intake is always fluctuating. There isn't really a definitive answer on my end. This dose gets me crunked off of the first shell if it's good kava. For instance the Isa Tudei from KBR will straight out floor me once I'm done with with the 2 cups- which is about 4 coconut shells worth. Good stuff.

I only need 2 tbsp to actually feel the kava, for it's medicinal value (usually when I need help sleeping) - I'm strictly talking recreational here with the 1 - 1 1/2 cups kava. I like to forget I have a body while on my porch gazing at the stars. I'm with kapmcrunk - sometimes I amaze myself with what I do when krunked out to the max. On Fiji waka once, at the dose of 2 cups to 2 cups water, I had to just rest my head against the hot-tub cover outside, my leg muscles just wouldn't cooperate.

The reverse tolerance has been all over the place. I've drank so much kava before that I think I may have built up an actual tolerance to it - I had to increase my dose to feel the same level of effects throughout time. Though this is hard to tell really, since the kava experience is all over the place anyway. Sometimes it really kicks and sometimes it doesn't.

I should also add I blend for 5 - 10 minutes, let soak for a bit, then squeeze and knead traditionally.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Geez, I'm a lightweight compared to all you.(smiley: laugh) 
I don't drink it nightly. When I brew up some kava every other week or week-and-a-half I use about 2 tbsp of kava. This stays constant. What I change is the amount of water.
Most of the time I prepare 2 tbsp of kava in 10 oz. of water and really work it over. It comes out a little thick if I put some hand strength into kneading. It's like when you put a little too much Hershey's syrup in a glass of milk..."thick" like that. Sometimes I'll have kava a couple days in a row but not very often. If I'm just sitting around the house I'll bump it up to around 16 oz of water give or take. The only time I do a second wash is when I get a new kava and I want to see how well it does in a second wash.