What's new

How not to puke- a field guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
hokay. So it's like this. For me, Crunk= puke

but there ARE better ways.

Step 1- eat all day. You can't go into this with a flat empty tank. about 50% empty is great!
Step 2- Don't eat wierd food. You're not doing your stomach any favours with the Tibetan got knows what.
Step 3- Get your crunk on.
Step 4- Fruit and ginger.

Awww yeahhh

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
At age 93, my stomach isn't what it used to be. I find my best practice is to stick with a ratio of about 1 cup of root to one gallon of water. It's not the taste of kava, or any chemical property, but rather the thickness of it that bothers my tummy.

D

Deleted User01

Honestly, I space my shells out over the afternoon and do a nitecap so I really never get Crunk. But if you want to talk about something that can "almost" make me puke, it's boiling kava to the point where it is thick and slimy. Just the feel of it in my mouth makes me gag.:eek: Damn, I'm shuddering all over as I write this.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
A few rules if you don't want to puke:

1. Use good, heady kavas.
2. Use nice chasers. I recommend grapes, non-alcoholic ginger beer and some light crisps.
3. Have a shot of ginger powder mixed with cold water before drinking kava (optional)

Jared

A few rules if you don't want to puke:

1. Use good, heady kavas.
2. Use nice chasers. I recommend grapes, non-alcoholic ginger beer and some light crisps.
3. Have a shot of ginger powder mixed with cold water before drinking kava (optional)
have a 7 up handy. they help curve nausea well

Last edited:

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
I can usually stomach just about anything. But, sometimes my stomach gets irritated over an hour or so.
One thing that has caused it in the past is drinking kava too soon before sleeping. I think maybe I'm not drinking enough water because I'm asleep, and things get a bit funky!

I've noticed that long term use of certain stains of kava can get my stomach irritated. It's weird, because you'd think irritation wise they'd all be the same.
So! After much hard labored research..lol. :) I've found two strains that are easy on my stomach. I'm there are more, but these are the ones I've found so far:
1) Squanche's kava
2) GHK Papa Kea

I'm rather surprised at Squanche's root. It's thick, dark, and potent! But, it hasn't irritated my stomach.
The Papa Kea is a lighter kava. But, still potent.

As of lately, I've been trying something that was recommended by @I don't know who seems to actually KNOW something..lol. But, that's sipping kava instead of chugging the whole batch down. There was another post here about spacing out the shells also.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Prep it in V8 Splash orange pineapple instead of water. Or after prep mix in some powder orange Tang or liquid concentrate orange Crush.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
I usually always sip throughout the day after a chug. I usually eat throughout the day too. But, that's against the general consensus and I am a lightweight. I am not normal though so yeah take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
I have had some spectacular pukes. I mean I have literally painted my wall in kava. The best part was there was 0 warning. One minute I'm reaching for an orange and then KABLAMO. My only advice is to get that stuff cold and add lemon.

But these are all past problems now thanks to that US exchange rate.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's the secret for me, I add ice to my grog and throw it back, goes down a hell of a lot easier. Warm kava definitely makes me gag.

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
I try to limit the root to water ratio on most occasions so I don't drink huge amounts of liquid. Ginger is good, flax or hemp oil also seem to help aid in digestion to prevent this. I sometimes add 1/2 tsp of these oils to a shell during a session, flax is also good for preventing dry skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.