What's new

How should I make it?

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
I've got a good kava, a food processor(that can puree and take liquids), and probably anything else needed, but what do you guys think the best way to the most potent kava drink or tea is? It's odd because I've been going with cold/room temp, but a long time ago me and my buddies did kava tea, super hot, and it worked really well. I don't know, what are you guys's thoughts on how to make it?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I've got a good kava, a food processor(that can puree and take liquids), and probably anything else needed, but what do you guys think the best way to the most potent kava drink or tea is? It's odd because I've been going with cold/room temp, but a long time ago me and my buddies did kava tea, super hot, and it worked really well. I don't know, what are you guys's thoughts on how to make it?
The CTAHR method, and/or boiling your kava and straining will likely produce the strongest (if not the most drinkable) kava:
CTAHR:
Boil:

I am not convinced that the extra extraction is worth the taste of either of these methods. Hot to warm water makes a very bitter grog. I prefer room temp water extraction for drinkability. If you want more bang for your buck then save and freeze the makas for mongrel grog.