What's new

How to Improve Global Kava Exports

This poll is now closed, we have put many of the suggestions into effect and we are working on the rest. Thank you for your input!

Last edited:

river

Kava Curious
This are some good ideas. Don't we all love prices going down?(y)
Not sure about the non tracked shipping. I heard from Ebay sellers there are many people who claim to have not received things...
Next day and saturday delivery in Britain? Sure, but I don't know how important this is and you are already very fast.
Discount for reviews? Some are not good at writing in english and some would just write anything to get a discount.
Btw I did once leave a review (a positive one) on your site but have never seen it.....
Bulk options are a very good idea! Maybe also monthly repeated orders at a discount? Would help you with your planning and ordering I guess.
Maybe more later

I had a couple of months of spam in my reviews (in the 1000's) and possibly deleted yours by mistake, I am very sorry. Reviews are so important to us.

Non tracked would have explicit warning that no refund or chargeback could be given if the item went missing but yes it could be a headache, but it could be worth it to save the customer that few extra Euro /Dollars/Pounds.

I'm not so sure how important the next day delivery think in the UK is either as most of our customers are not in the UK.

I like the idea of a repeated order but am wary of making financial demands on customers, what if a customer just cant pay one month or one week...It is a nice idea but I think it could make some customers feel under pressure. It is a good idea but it would have to be worked out carefully, it needs a lot of thought beforehand.

Bulk options so far seems to be the one idea that has no bad side to it!

river

Kava Curious
Have a look at amazon subscribe & save to help with the beforehand thinking:bookworm:.
The starter packs and multipacks are also good!
I like the new candy prices. I better not tell how fast I went through the last 10x8 pack:shameshame:.
Who said kava is not addictive?

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
So going from my experiences when I was in the UK.
Shipping from the UK would be great, mainly because I would never worry about my parcel getting customed (not that it's ever happened to me). How does this work with UK law though? You would become the only company in the UK selling purely kava - is that OK? I would hope so!

My best advice is not in the poll - I think that choice of kavas from somewhere other than VKS would be great. Maybe if you could become an Euro based on-seller for other vendors, or something like that?

Everyone is different but, I never choose Non-Tracked and i always choose 24 to 48 hour Tracked Delivery, i prefer to pay £5 - £8 for 24 hour delivery than £2 for 3 days. Each customer wants different things though. But i personally like to pay more shipping fees to get my packages quicker. I blame Amazon Prime for this!! They come so quick! lol.

My Input & thoughts :
1.Let customers choose what shipping class they want. . Some want 24 Hour Next Day delivery, some want 3 days delivery & some want the cheapest.

2.I think the packages should be sealed, or they should be sellotaped up and bubble wrapped.
Because the Baggies can rip and people can easily tamper with the product being sent.
When i ordered from GKE, i was worried my Kava got messed with as the Package looked rough. The Kava was amazing though..

Thats just my Input, to what i would improve. I would improve the Packages, by shrink wrapping them or make them more secure.
The only reason that made me unsure to order again was the Unsealed Baggie.
From being a buyer & seller, i have distrust in Courier Services, so i prefer to receive things that are sealed or protected.

Malekula Magic is my favourite Kava i've tried though. So im going to order again soon(y)
Im glad you made this thread, because i was going to ask if you could sellotape the baggie on my next order if possible, but i didn't want to sound fussy.

And i voted For : Ship From UK to offer quicker deliveries . But bulk buy options i would also vote for.
Kava is now tripled bagged, I have no idea why your one was open and why the package was damaged, I went back and checked your order and it was sent out no problems, someone at the postal office played football with it I think, you will be much happier with this next order and if you want it sellotaped or duct taped or anything like that thn just email us, we personalize the packaging for loads of people, it's no problem, lay it on man.

UK shipping seems to be a good option but definite option so far is bulk buying. Thanks for taking part mate and if you think of anything else just get back to me or post here, any suggestion is a good suggestion...well until I say it's not but you know what I mean :headphones:

river

Kava Curious
Yes, I think it is a good idea to seperate shipping cost from kava price and offer different options, some want it quick and some can wait a few days. Also this would make it more appealing to buy more different kinds at once.

Another discount option would be something like if people spent a certain amount in a given time frame they get % off the next order. Example 500Euro in 6 month = 10% off so if I have bought for 550Euro in half a year the next order is 55Euro less. Numbers are just an example of course.

Long winded explanation. When is the world going to learn german:rolleyes:?

So going from my experiences when I was in the UK.
Shipping from the UK would be great, mainly because I would never worry about my parcel getting customed (not that it's ever happened to me). How does this work with UK law though? You would become the only company in the UK selling purely kava - is that OK? I would hope so!

My best advice is not in the poll - I think that choice of kavas from somewhere other than VKS would be great. Maybe if you could become an Euro based on-seller for other vendors, or something like that?
Hey Mate,

Yeah, UK selling would make sure you NEVER had a package stopped by customs, although I must stress that we have never had a package stopped going from Ireland to the UK. We only ever had a package disappear in Romania before but it was returned to us, we resent and delivered no problems and one package of Kava Candy for some weird reason was stopped in Finland but we resent and it got through just fine. We have sent over 800 packages and these have been the only issues.

On the subject of supply of other products apart from VKS I have a few things to say. I have been to Vanuatu, I lived there (however briefly, all in all maybe 2 years), I know and trust VKS and know there stuff is top quality, I met the farmers, I met the boats at the dock, I drank at every Nakamal I could find. I have no issues importing their product and everything runs smoothly with VKS apart from freight price difficulties with Air Vanuatu (not VKS fault) and weather conditions over there (also not VKS fault obviously) sometimes affecting stock turnaround times. I would love to stock other kinds of Kava from other countries but I have had customs difficulties with stuff from Fiji before and also minor difficulties with Hawaii...If a vendor wants me to offer his stuff in Europe then they should get in touch and we will try it, I'm completely open to it but I worry that expanding my range may come at a cost, increased inspections from customs and possible problems.

I get about 10 emails a day from bogus or unprofessional Kava sellers who use gmail accounts to email me from, they cannot verify the origins of their Kava but make wild claims and are either looking to offload complete shite or are trying to scam me out of money. If one of the trusted Vendors here got in touch I would surely reply and engage and see what could be done. I am not tied to VKS and can sell any Kava I want. Ask your favourite Kava vendor to get in touch with me, the possibilities are endless.

river

Kava Curious
And because I am next week in the UK for a few months staying at a friends house I am also interested to learn about the legal question if anybody knows about that. Thanks:)

Yes, I think it is a good idea to seperate shipping cost from kava price and offer different options, some want it quick and some can wait a few days. Also this would make it more appealing to buy more different kinds at once.

Another discount option would be something like if people spent a certain amount in a given time frame they get % off the next order. Example 500Euro in 6 month = 10% off so if I have bought for 550Euro in half a year the next order is 55Euro less. Numbers are just an example of course.

Long winded explanation. When is the world going to learn german:rolleyes:?
Well in Ireland we always learn German at school but unfortunately we were too busy getting drunk and stoned at school to remember much of it LOL. I'm in England right now and sometimes I am told 'If it wasn't for us, you would all be speaking German right now'. Of course they are referring to the War in Europe and that the allies won, I always reply that if it wasn't for the English then I would be speaking Irish so I don't give a shite. We had our language destroyed by the English so I would be quite happy to speak German instead. If it is not your own language then who cares which one it is?

Yes I like your idea of discounts for regular buyers throughout the year, keep a calculation and apply a discount every year, not sure how to build it into the website but it can be done and I think it's a great idea. Fantastisch, sehr gut mein frau!

And because I am next week in the UK for a few months staying at a friends house I am also interested to learn about the legal question if anybody knows about that. Thanks:)
We can deliver to you in the UK no problem and if you let me know in advance what you need we can send from inside the UK. I have Tanna Marang Marang and Kaolik here and a little Malekula but no Quick Kava or Candy but let me know and I will bring it into the UK and ship it to you from here, we can try out the next day delivery system!

river

Kava Curious
Not bad your german unless you are like me and used the online dictionary.

I heard some story about the first settlers in america, when they started to make laws and such there was a vote what should be the official language and the germans "lost" by just one. So if this is true we can thank just one person we all have to speak english now....

Yes, I know you can deliver there I meant more for assuring the friend there are no illegal substances sent to his house (in scotland):whistle:.

No online dictionary, I remember about 20 words or so LOL or maybe more. I remember the school books had 'Die Toten Hosen' as a popular band so They were pretty old I think lol, ,Mein lieblings gruppe ist die Toten Hosen LOL

Kava is not illegal in the UK unless it is marked as a medicine or is to a food ingredient. Scotland has more to worry from Buckfast, Deep fried Mars Bars and other nasty things before they worry about Kava LOL

Not bad your german unless you are like me and used the online dictionary.

I heard some story about the first settlers in america, when they started to make laws and such there was a vote what should be the official language and the germans "lost" by just one. So if this is true we can thank just one person we all have to speak english now....

Yes, I know you can deliver there I meant more for assuring the friend there are no illegal substances sent to his house (in scotland):whistle:.
And yes we could all be speaking German now if that vote had gone just a little differently!

river

Kava Curious
Scotland has more to worry from Buckfast, Deep fried Mars Bars and other nasty things before they worry about Kava LOL[/QUOTE]

Haggis...:yuck::sick::dead:

Haggis...Jesus, Mary and Uncle Charlie, what a disgusting invention. Try deep fried pizza though or a deep fried mars bar, good stuff lol. Also Irn Bru (a favorite in my area of Ireland) and make sure and mix the Irn Bru with vodka. Red Bull was a latecomer, we were drink Vodka and Irn Bru long before that stuff was invented LOL

Haggis....ughhh....bleugh I'd rather eat my own shite off a rusty spoon than eat haggis

river

Kava Curious
I'm getting old (when I was in school die toten Hosen were new...) and have to watch my weight so not too much sugar and deep fried stuff for me:cry:.
Favorite drink in the UK is cider, this could seriously turn me into an alcoholic. To prevent this I should definately have a nice kava stack. Having a break now for dermopathy reasons:grumpy:.

I'm getting old (when I was in school die toten Hosen were new...) and have to watch my weight so not too much sugar and deep fried stuff for me:cry:.
Favorite drink in the UK is cider, this could seriously turn me into an alcoholic. To prevent this I should definately have a nice kava stack. Having a break now for dermopathy reasons:grumpy:.
I was learning German in 1993 so a little age difference I think. If you like Cider then you are going to be spoilt for choice over in Scotland LOL. Also don't forget to try Buckfast!

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Kava is now tripled bagged, I have no idea why your one was open and why the package was damaged, I went back and checked your order and it was sent out no problems, someone at the postal office played football with it I think, you will be much happier with this next order and if you want it sellotaped or duct taped or anything like that thn just email us, we personalize the packaging for loads of people, it's no problem, lay it on man.

UK shipping seems to be a good option but definite option so far is bulk buying. Thanks for taking part mate and if you think of anything else just get back to me or post here, any suggestion is a good suggestion...well until I say it's not but you know what I mean :headphones:
Yeah my order was fine!! Please don't worry lol!! and these were just some things I mentioned that could be improved.
My order was fine.
The Kava I ordered is also my favorite so far, which I will do another review on when I order from you again!

, any suggestion is a good suggestion...well until I say it's not but you know what I mean :headphones:
haha lmfao!

Last edited: