What's new

How to mitigate kava's effects?

Hitch

Kava Curious
Bula everyone -- I'm curious to know if anyone here has solutions to cutting kava's effects?

For example, I'll get somewhat krunk and then have something urgent come up that I need to deal with. I can usually handle it while krunk... but in certain instances would prefer not to be krunk :)

Does the tried-and-true method of "eat something heavy and drink lots of water" apply here, like it does for alcohol? Perhaps not necessarily, because certain fatty and spicy foods actually increase kava's effects?

Is their a magic bullet I'm missing to mitigate kava's effects? Should I just wait it out?

Thank you all in advance for your help. Very interested to see folks' ideas here!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It’s a wait it out sorta thing. Usually a few minutes on the couch sorts things out. Getting up and moving around can tamper it a bit as well If you’re looking to get out of the “zone” quickly. That and coffee.

Hitch

Kava Curious
That all makes sense. I'll give coffee a go next time I need to exit the kava krunkspace. Bula!

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
It depends how far you are in. If just a few shells then a 15 minute nap can bring you back - but if I am 3-4 hours into a session nothing except a nights sleep works for me. I've tried working on a laptop a few hours in to a session and it feels OK, but when I re-read he next day it is usually pretty poor and needs doing again.