What's new

How to prepare Kava for Sublingual use?

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I want to try Kava Sublingually, so I wanted to ask about it.

How do I prepare Kava for sublingual use?

Do I need to create a paste? Flakes or just useInstant Kava powder under my tongue?

Has anyone tried it and does it work?

Any advise would be great :)

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I got a water based extract (the alcohol ones tasted like tree bark) many years ago from a Sprouts. Me and a buddy would hold it under our tongues until our mouths were sufficently numb. I remember it doing something to a degree but then we'd decided to pour it down the straws of our Green tea lemonades and shoot it up through there. That was more fun, and tastier IMO.
I kinda got off topic there at the end, my bad.

-fushi

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized

Do I need to create a paste? Flakes or just useInstant Kava powder under my tongue?

When I started drinking kava five years ago, it took me about 2 weeks to get fully in tune with the root. I learned that if I sipped it and if I held each mouthful of kava for a minute or so in my mouth, I felt much more immediate effects. My wife and I still like to savor our first shell of kava a little this way.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

Flakes are great under the tongue. Instant, too, of course. Or just chewing waka roots, put them under your tongue. My favourite is Polynesian Gold 70% extract under the tongue.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
What exactly constitutes a "sublingual form" ?
I mean, I don't think that you can take any substance, and put it under your tongue to sit there, and it immediately qualifies as "sublingual" and also gives greater effects than just swallowing it.
So, what are the actual characteristics of a substance, for it to qualify as "sublingual" ? Or what processing does it have to go through exactly ?