What's new

Forum Tips How to Tag Your Thread for The Kavapedia

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Quick Cheatsheet to Publish your Thread in The Kavapedia.

If you want your Kavapedia to be edited by only you (Private Kavapedia Article) then follow these steps:
Step 1: Create or edit an existing Thread. You can only include the threads original post in the Kavapedia Digest.

Step 2: Assign a relevant Thread Title Prefix to your thread title. This can be any prefix from the available ones shown in the prefix list when you are editing your thread's title. Any thread that doesn't have a prefix will be ignored. Note: Thread Prefix's are only available in Forum's as authorized by the Kapm.

Step3: That's basically it, you're done (after you save the changes to your thread). If everything was done properly you should be able to now see the first post of your thread in the Kavapedia. You have created a Kavapedia Article that only you can edit and maintain!!!
If you want your Kavapedia to be edited by anyone (Public Kavapedia Article) then follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a new Wiki page in the Kava Wiki.

Step 2: Save the Wiki page when your happy with it.

Step 3: Edit the Wiki page, you just created, and way at the bottom of the page, click on the "Add Discussion Thread". This will add your wiki page to the "Wiki Discussion Forum".

Step 4: Goto your wiki page in the "Wiki Discussion Forum" and edit your Thread's Title and select the appropriate Thread Prefix, from the drop-down list, that best describes your page.

Step 5: That's it, you're done (after you save the changes to your thread). If everything was done properly you should be able to now see the first post of your thread in the Kavapedia. You have created a Kavapedia Article that anyone can edit and maintain!!!

Have Fun!! If you have any problems, or recommendations, please contact me.

Regards
@HeadHodge

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
OMG. I just had a major breakthrough in my understanding of the universe. Check out my new instructions. MUCH MUCH simpler.

3D_emoticon_184.gif

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi,

Definitely fixed bug causing the Kavapedia list of articles not to refresh properly!!!

Verified that non-members can use the Kavapedia.

Added ability to create a private and public Kavapedia article. With the private everyone can view but only you can maintain. With the public everyone can view and anyone can maintain.

Updated Instructions to reflect changes.

Power to the Kavapedia and the knowledge to people!!!

Regards
@HeadHodge

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks HeadHodge for your help with all of this, I think it will be very valuable for people doing research on Kava. Thanks again for your efforts and aloha nui loa.

Chris

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks HeadHodge for your help with all of this, I think it will be very valuable for people doing research on Kava. Thanks again for your efforts and aloha nui loa.

Chris
Thanks for the great feedback Chris. It would be really great if you could take the totally awesome threads you have posted and tag them for the Kavapedia Digest I've asked Kapm to make a tag for you called "GHK Blog". I'm sure he will create it, but not sure which forum he'll put it in. Where ever he decides to put it, you may need to have him move your threads there. If you have a better name for the tag please let me know. That's the best short tagline I could come up with that represents all your threads, which cover a variety of topics.

The same goes for Deleted User01 and the Three Kavateers. I've asked Kapm for a tag called "KavaRecipe" and it would be great if you would tag your great recipes with it. Same as for Chris, if you have a better tagline, please let me know.

Regards

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Verified that non-members can use The Kavapedia Digest. But it seems that some graphics don't display correctly. They can still view the page, just no graphic. I think it may be an authorization issue. But this one, I'm not going to worry about (unless someone thinks it's super important). Guess they will just have to join the Forum!!! :)