Suite 203
Fort Myers, FL 33908

Live Storm Chasers:

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Kava Culture Kava Bar
3822 Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, FL 33952

I can't remember the storm name, or the year, but I recall Port Charlotte specifically once getting directly decimated by a hurricane. The worst brunt of it.
Just a coincidental observation.
I hope they are spared.
If that tracking is accurate, then much has changed recently. Last I heard, as of last night, it was going closer to Tampa.
That's near Kavafied

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Stay safe out there everyone! My dog and I are hunkered down at my mom's house so she wouldn't be alone. Still have power but the worst is yet to come. Really hope we keep power tonight because I suspect I have a weak strain of flu as I've felt like shit all week, splitting headache, sore throat, a few bouts of chills and hot flashes. Ya'll know it's already hard enough to sleep with a flu in the Air conditioning with hot or cold drinks on demand... :(

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
We are up in Missouri visiting family for a month, but our place on Sanibel's coast just disappeared yesterday. My profile picture for the Forums is along a trail about a mile from our place. Since the causeway was crushed by Ian, there will be no way to drive out to Sanibel for the better part of a year. The kava I lost was the smallest part of it. But we are alive for a new era!

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
We are up in Missouri visiting family for a month, but our place on Sanibel's coast just disappeared yesterday. My profile picture for the Forums is along a trail about a mile from our place. Since the causeway was crushed by Ian, there will be no way to drive out to Sanibel for the better part of a year. The kava I lost was the smallest part of it. But we are alive for a new era!
That is a remarkably good attitude you have for such an event. I had wondered how you were doing because I knew you were in that area.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That is a remarkably good attitude you have for such an event. I had wondered how you were doing because I knew you were in that area.
Right there with you on that one. What an amazingly positive attitude.

@JohnMichael Glad you're okay :). Belongings can be replaced, new memories can be created, but we and our loved ones are single issue only.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
As it turns out, everything stayed intact on our home including our roof. But...an eight foot surge of water went over the island of Sanibel. So...things are undoubtedly a little soggy inside. A total loss. They hope to eventually have boat service to the island for those of us with hurricane passes for Sanibel. That may be a couple months. We understood what might happen when we moved that sandbar over ten years ago. It was a lovely decade. And we have enough resources to do other things. We'll probably spend the winter at an RV park about 60 miles inland. The I Ching has given me a good reading for current plans and the future: persistence and travel. Pretty accurate! We'll see you on the Forums. John Michael Wine (Mike)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
As it turns out, everything stayed intact on our home including our roof. But...an eight foot surge of water went over the island of Sanibel. So...things are undoubtedly a little soggy inside. A total loss. They hope to eventually have boat service to the island for those of us with hurricane passes for Sanibel. That may be a couple months. We understood what might happen when we moved that sandbar over ten years ago. It was a lovely decade. And we have enough resources to do other things. We'll probably spend the winter at an RV park about 60 miles inland. The I Ching has given me a good reading for current plans and the future: persistence and travel. Pretty accurate! We'll see you on the Forums. John Michael Wine (Mike)
I have old memories with my parents driving back and forth to Destin when the roof was ripped off their condo during Hurricane Opal. The way the community comes together during such awful times was really something, and I remember the crab and shrimp boils at the shared pool from where people were emptying out their freezers and refrigerators. Instead of throwing all the food out, they just cooked it for everyone.

Such devastation. My thoughts remain with those affected.

Tumarumaru

Gunga la Gunga
We're on St. Pete Beach, it was headed for us, then it went south. Still had to hightail it outta there. My heart goes out to everybody down there.