What's new

I am one happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, look what I just got in the mail. It is flooding here on the Hilo side of the Big Island today and we have tons of rain, perfect day to stay inside and drink kava and watch movies. I just got back from the post office and delivered all my orders and low and behold look what was waiting for me---

I got Kalm with kava Tongan Pouni Ono and some Vula Waka. I am really looking forward to both of them but I will be trying the Vula Waka tonight.
It actually smells like some of the good old Fijian Kava I used to get in the 1980's, I have heard good things about this and I am sure I will not be disappointed.
I will leave a review of each one after I try them but I know already I am going to like them both. Thanks @Kalm with Kava
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Oh my god! :jawdrop: Since when does a Vendor do a shout out do his competitor? As we used to say in the old days, "Gee Whiz Chris, you're a swell guy". :love:
Hay, just because I grow some pretty darn good Hawaiian kava does not mean that I only have taste for Hawaiian. I love a good Tongan or Fijian or any good kava for that matter. I still miss the good old days when I used to get my Fijian kava from Max who went down to get it himself and the Tongan kava I used to get from my Tongan friends here in Hawaii, they would have there family mail them kava all the time so I would go and get some all the time. :D
Now all I have to do is go to Kalm with Kava's website and order some Tongan, that's when I seen the Fijian and I started to go wild and thus the picture you see above. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks Chris! Funny enough, I actually just got some Papa Kea, Papa Ele Ele, and Hanakapai in the mail yesterday :) brewed up the Papa Ele Ele last night. I can honestly say, I've never had a kava like it. It was very enjoyable - could go either way on heady/heavy. Very chill for just sitting around but then I had some work to do and it didn't bog me down in the slightest. Great kava.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well I have to say that this Fijian kava is just what I had hoped it would be. I love it. Back in the 1980's I used to get my Fijian kava from a guy named Maxwell and he would go to Fiji and hire a helicopter to go to the different villages to get good kava.
Back then it seemed that they grew all the different Fijian varieties and at some point they started to focus on only a few Fijian varieties and it was good but I did not get the different effects from all the different varieties and this Vulu Waka reminds me of that good old obscure Fijian varieties.

Now is day two for this kava, not tudei mind you. :hilarious: And it is still raining here, not flooding as much but there is still that chance so I am off to the kava bowl. Still one happy camper. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.