What's new

I call it Yicknausea

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Beggining to have extreme nausea with kava. Doesn't matter which type I drink. It's getting to the point where the anxiety from the nausea over powers any effect I get from the kava. I recently switched to keto after a break. I think I may be more sensitive to food flavors? A instant sugar free peach tea I drank all the time has begun to taste like pure shit too. Like sweet non sense. Could the nausea from the kava be coming from the same source?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sounds like the taste or possibly a combination of taste and texture is throwing you off. I'm one of those people who has consumed kava forever and still winces every time that milky dirt chalk water touches my tongue. Full respect to those that find it agreeable.

Are you drinking strained medium grind, instant, or micronized?

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Strained medium. I think it's some of the roots are fire dried and can taste it. The mix of the smokey wood taste mixed with the root is sometimes over powering. But, I've a solution. The instant sugar free nightmare peach tea mixed with a little bit of raw lemon mixed in with the kava makes it drinkable with no nausea. Chug chug. I think 2 bads made a good. Hah!

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds like the taste or possibly a combination of taste and texture is throwing you off.
Reminds me of an incident as a child at the dinner table.
I utterly detested the taste of broccoli. It was just pure sh*t to me. I had to slowly and painfully force myself to eat it, to please the parents.
And once, as I detestingly ate the broccoli, I immediately, literally, and spontaneously vomited it at the dinner table.
So, I think the mind and stomach connection are real