What's new

I can't wait to drink kava again!

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
So I'll shorten up the story immensely but basically for the past two years I have been having a pain in right side beneath my ribs naturally as a Kava consumer the liver scare did pop into my head but going to the doctor continuously has just led to the results that I'm chronically constipated. Now is it kava that led to this?I'm not sure every time I would drink it it would make the pain worse or is this just a problem that I was going to have without kava? Who knows all I know is I've been without kava for 6 months and when I get some laxatives and clear out my system in the next month, then when this pain in my side totally disappears,......I will finally be able to have a shell again. This time around I will make sure I stay hydrated and probably won't drink kava every day as I used to, I guess I just can't and to those who can I'm so so jealous, trade your guts with me.jk

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if kava would cause constipation. If anything it should tilt the scales toward the opposite end of the spectrum, especially micro vs medium grind. Since fiber usually tends to help keep things regular.

The kava fibers in your gut might contribute to gas pains though as your gut bacteria go to work on all those indigestible starches.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I'd be surprised if kava would cause constipation. If anything it should tilt the scales toward the opposite end of the spectrum, especially micro vs medium grind. Since fiber usually tends to help keep things regular.

The kava fibers in your gut might contribute to gas pains though as your gut bacteria go to work on all those indigestible starches.
Is micro easier on the stomach? If so I might go for that next time around

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Micro's harder on the stomach, as many people can't handle that much fiber without some discomfort.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
What's your diet like my dude? Also that small amount of insoluble fiber from the kava was probably causing some serious pain with the constipation. I feel for you, my system was messed up for years too. Like serious fuckin pain, hope you get it all resolved.

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
I'm also on a break at the moment but for dermo related issues ... can't wait until I can start shelling again! But, like you said, perhaps not everyday!

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
What's your diet like my dude? Also that small amount of insoluble fiber from the kava was probably causing some serious pain with the constipation. I feel for you, my system was messed up for years too. Like serious fuckin pain, hope you get it all resolved.
Thank you very much and I'm glad your pain is gone now .my diet on the weekdays is pretty much fruit smoothies in the morning Meat and fish at night then the weekends are just normal food mac and cheese which we always have some type of Veggie in I feel like I eat pretty healthy for the most part at least once a week I cave and buy something unhealthy but that's about it. Oh and I drink kombucha like water

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
you said you eat mac and cheese, maybe try cutting out gluten. That can cause a lot of issues or slow you from recovering from issues even if gluten itself isnt the culprit. It can do wonders for some people. dates are also good for constipation. Also, real licorice root is very good for the stomach. Good luck and get well soon :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So I'll shorten up the story immensely but basically for the past two years I have been having a pain in right side beneath my ribs naturally as a Kava consumer the liver scare did pop into my head but going to the doctor continuously has just led to the results that I'm chronically constipated. Now is it kava that led to this?I'm not sure every time I would drink it it would make the pain worse or is this just a problem that I was going to have without kava? Who knows all I know is I've been without kava for 6 months and when I get some laxatives and clear out my system in the next month, then when this pain in my side totally disappears,......I will finally be able to have a shell again. This time around I will make sure I stay hydrated and probably won't drink kava every day as I used to, I guess I just can't and to those who can I'm so so jealous, trade your guts with me.jk
I don't recall, but do you perchance take the other K? I think you mentioned that you do. Constipation is a well known side effect similar in action to imodium and other "opioid like" substances. Kava seems to be the opposite for me....

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I don't recall, but do you perchance take the other K? I think you mentioned that you do. Constipation is a well known side effect similar in action to imodium and other "opioid like" substances. Kava seems to be the opposite for me....
I do on the weekends but not even real K@ its cousin mitragina hursuta. I do K@ maybe once a month on weekends only because with my order of hursuta small samples of K@ are sent along

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
you said you eat mac and cheese, maybe try cutting out gluten. That can cause a lot of issues or slow you from recovering from issues even if gluten itself isnt the culprit. It can do wonders for some people. dates are also good for constipation. Also, real licorice root is very good for the stomach. Good luck and get well soon :)
Oh yes I have cut out gluten for 1 year now and it did help but still in great pain. We get gluten free mac n cheese vegan too!