What's new

News Article I just saw an article about Kava in my news app...

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
And it wasn't exactly giving off what I would call Vibes of Inclusivity........

Maybe it was just Publicity Stunt?

Kava Bar

I dunno, I hope this doesn't start a fight amongst people here. Just thought it'd be worth noting what some people, who may never have heard of Kava, are getting with their first taste.

-fushi

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Kava Bar

I dunno, I hope this doesn't start a fight amongst people here. Just thought it'd be worth noting what some people, who may never have heard of Kava, are getting with their first taste.

-fushi
That's one way to lose customers.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Kava Bar

-fushi
It's extraordinarily sad that kava is anywhere near attitudes like that. This wouldn't be the first time they've pulled this sort of stunt, so it's beginning to look like it's for attention.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Keep kava unencumbered from the wrongs of man. Kava should be used to listen to eachother. This is saddening... to have hate in ones heart after consuming a shell isnt possible in my reality. Keep poltics away from this beautiful root and may well a have good health and keep our tanoas full

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Politics and Kava, a match made in hell.
Historically (and currently?) speaking, didn't Kava serve a purpose in the political happenings on the islands from which it was cultivated and consumed? I can't speak for you or for anyone else but for me it's not so much that a very hot topic like mask mandates (or lack there of) is being brought up with Kava in the room so much as it's the aggressive and intentionally abrasive attitude that fuels that post. If anything Kava should allow cooler heads to prevail in a tense situation but that message reads more like someone who's been snorting bath salts o_O

Anywho, that's just something I was thinking about while I was drinking my morning cup of tea. Why in the world, just from a busiess standpoint, anyone would want to have such a confrontational attitude with your existing and potential consumer base is beyond me.

Hope everyone is having a happier day than the dude who raged in the instagram post

-fushi

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Historically (and currently?) speaking, didn't Kava serve a purpose in the political happenings on the islands from which it was cultivated and consumed? I can't speak for you or for anyone else but for me it's not so much that a very hot topic like mask mandates (or lack there of) is being brought up with Kava in the room so much as it's the aggressive and intentionally abrasive attitude that fuels that post. If anything Kava should allow cooler heads to prevail in a tense situation but that message reads more like someone who's been snorting bath salts o_O

Anywho, that's just something I was thinking about while I was drinking my morning cup of tea. Why in the world, just from a busiess standpoint, anyone would want to have such a confrontational attitude with your existing and potential consumer base is beyond me.

Hope everyone is having a happier day than the dude who raged in the instagram post

-fushi
I think kava is just a part of everyday life in general in Fiji and Vanuatu, like coffee or beer is here. I personally don't like it when any business takes a sharp political stance one way or the other. Left or Right. I also think its ridiculous that public health and science have been politicized.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I personally don't like it when any business takes a sharp political stance one way or the other. Left or Right.
I agree with you 100%. Seems like a dumb business move plus it has a tendency to fall on the consumer as well. You can get hit with that guilt by association real fast for buying something that some in society deem inappropriate because of what the owners say/believe.