What's new

I love my wooden bowl

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
i love it, Chris, it's fantastic. I appreciate that you fixed it and put a coat of tung oil on it. The koa handcrafted woodworks are beautiful. Sorry I was so late to remark, I waited to drink Kava out of the bowl until the tung oil cured.

Measurements: I found my wood bowl holds 167ml water or kava comfortably, and weighs 44.7 grams. It is pleasant to drink kava from, and the smell of the wood shell complete the kava, like lock and key, the earthy kava root flavor is complemented by the taste and smell of Hawaiian wood. Thank you Christopher. Outstanding!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
i love it, Chris, it's fantastic. I appreciate that you fixed it and put a coat of tung oil on it. The koa handcrafted woodwork's are beautiful. Sorry I was so late to remark, I waited to drink Kava out of the bowl until the tung oil cured.

Measurements: I found my wood bowl holds 167ml water or kava comfortably, and weighs 44.7 grams. It is pleasant to drink kava from, and the smell of the wood shell complete the kava, like lock and key, the earthy kava root flavor is complemented by the taste and smell of Hawaiian wood. Thank you Christopher. Outstanding!
That is great, I am very happy that you like the Koa wood bowl. I have been wood working for longer than I have been doing kava. I started kava just after high school and I started woodworking when I was in the sixth grade.

For those that like woodworking you can check out my wood working Instagram account---Koa.wood.Hawaii or even my website at www.KoawoodHawaii.com.
Aloha.

Chris

Zaphod

Kava Lover
i love it, Chris, it's fantastic. I appreciate that you fixed it and put a coat of tung oil on it. The koa handcrafted woodworks are beautiful. Sorry I was so late to remark, I waited to drink Kava out of the bowl until the tung oil cured.

Pics or GTFO :)

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Soon! My camera wants a new cable before I may use it again.

Chris, should I be drinking Kava out of the bow!? I did a few times and the first time I got a little tung oil that didn't cure, every time after that seemed fine. After I rinse and turn upside down. Then right side up when dry. Hoping this preserves longevity of the bowl.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Chris, should I be drinking Kava out of the bow!? I did a few times and the first time I got a little tung oil that didn't cure, every time after that seemed fine. After I rinse and turn upside down. Then right side up when dry. Hoping this preserves longevity of the bowl.
Tung oil takes a long time to cure 15-30 days. Once it is fully cured it is 100% food safe. I don't think it is toxic, but might taste pretty funky if you use it before fully cured.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you, it's cured then. I'm sensitive to all smells and tastes thankfully, and I noticed water does not bring it out - drinking water out of the bowl, while at first kava did because it is kind of good at binding to oils naturally.

The wood bowl completes the kava drinking experience and backs up the smell and flavor of kava's earthines and spice with a woody background.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

You do not have to worry about any tung oil, I do not use anything like that, I use simple mineral oil, safe and non toxic. As long as you dry the bowl after then it is not a problem to use the bowl. Enjoy.

Chris