What's new

I made Kava in the 1:10 root:water style.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula all!

It is a fine night with good food for me. I had cooked cranberries in the evening with a milkshake style double india pale ale featuring black raspberries, maple syrup, vanilla, and milk sugar. I added 1Tbsp of locally crafted butter to this. After infusing cranberry essence and ale together, I enjoyed some cranberries and all of the cooked cranberry infused ale as well. I decided for kava.

I imagined 300ml kava at four tablespoons, or 28 grams, so I chose to double the recipe to save some for tomorrow. I used 620ml water and 62.2g dry kava root, a waka from fiji. Traditional kneading and squeezing and pressing in cold water. Much time passed, some of it I had my eyes closed. I emptied the strainer and bowl. Rinsed bowl with 50ml water and added to jar to make 670ml, conservatively and thankfully. I drank 220ml of this, equivalent of 20-22g kava root brewed.

Kava tasted funky fresh, very good, excellent cold water waka. Strong. I believe the three tablespoons worth of root I enjoyed are all I will have for tonight, saving the rest for tomorrow. I have had some water before and now, and the kava was surprisingly well made, I'm reading my book.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I’m 900 ml to 75 grams through and through. Finish in one sitting.. some time i will try less water

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Sounds like plenty of water @Skinskava !
Yes, it’s strong enough and my session can last several shells. I enjoy this when I dont have work early next day. Sometimes a simple 4 tbs gets the job done with less water for me wheb time is of the essence. Enjoy ur weekend