What's new

I need help

Michael1011

Kava Curious
Hey I haven’t been here in awhile. Good to be back. This is kind of deep please bare with me.

I’ve had depression and suicidal thoughts especially the last few months. Got worse when I broke out into a full blown rash on my face and eyes today. Not hives just red skin. I’m worried that I may very well have to quit possibly forever. On top of all the shit in my life now I have to give up the thing that has helped me not end myself. Seriously I’m sorry but I’ve had a lot of issues in my life. Kava has been a treasure in my life I don’t know what I’ll do.

I’ve gotten dermopathy before and managed it well but not this bad. Possibly because I skipped a few breaks. Been drinking 25 consecutive days now I think or somewhere around that mark. I’ve tried so many other things to help and nothing has helped me like kava has.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey I haven’t been here in awhile. Good to be back. This is kind of deep please bare with me.

I’ve had depression and suicidal thoughts especially the last few months. Got worse when I broke out into a full blown rash on my face and eyes today. Not hives just red skin. I’m worried that I may very well have to quit possibly forever. On top of all the shit in my life now I have to give up the thing that has helped me not end myself. Seriously I’m sorry but I’ve had a lot of issues in my life. Kava has been a treasure in my life I don’t know what I’ll do.

I’ve gotten dermopathy before and managed it well but not this bad. Possibly because I skipped a few breaks. Been drinking 25 consecutive days now I think or somewhere around that mark. I’ve tried so many other things to help and nothing has helped me like kava has.
What type of kava, and strain are you using? That's an odd reaction after having consumed kava for a length of time to happen all of a sudden. Aren't taking any other new meds are you?

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry to here of your troubles, you're not alone in this. Maybe up your water intake? Or just take more small breaks, like you said you've been going straight for a while. Maybe that's all you need. Just listen to your body, I'm sure there is something that can be done. If you can cut down on gluten and dairy. Those can irritate the body if it's already in a state of inflammation, might help you. Also I used to use a hemp cream from the body shop. Not trying to advertise but this was the only thing that helped when I had severe eczema to the point of bleeding knuckles. It really is incredible stuff.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sorry to here of your troubles, you're not alone in this. Maybe up your water intake? Or just take more small breaks, like you said you've been going straight for a while. Maybe that's all you need. Just listen to your body, I'm sure there is something that can be done. If you can cut down on gluten and dairy. Those can irritate the body if it's already in a state of inflammation, might help you. Also I used to use a hemp cream from the body shop. Not trying to advertise but this was the only thing that helped when I had severe eczema to the point of bleeding knuckles. It really is incredible stuff.
You can link products here. No rule against that. Just a no spamming rule, and the spam filters or the mods catch those usually (not 100% but working on it) before the user can post their first post.

The red around the eye could be the beginnings of dermapothy. I’ll echo @Hightide. That’s some great advice.