What's new

I need some HELP!!!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks to EVERYONE helping us get a great collection of product reviews!!! (y)(y)(y)

But now I need some help.

I would like everyone that has the time to take a quick test and go to The Kavapedia and see if you can you use the reviews there to find your favorite kava. I'm betting you can't. But I "really" want to know why you can't so I can fix it. I have a ton of personal ideas but I'm stuck in a brain freeze loop and need your help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:

violet

Do all things with love
I didn't have any problem using the filters to pull up lists of kava reviews? Is there something specific I should try to do?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I didn't have any problem using the filters to pull up lists of kava reviews?
Yeah sure, but if you were looking for a certain kind of kava that you have never used, would you be able to "easily" find it?? (i.e. a heavy or heady kava)

violet

Do all things with love
It's no problem if I have the name of the kava. To see if it's considered heady or heavy, or what its other properties may be, you will have to look at individual reviews. Kava being the subjective user experience it is, I'm not sure how we could quantify the ratings without still reading each individual review.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It's no problem if I have the name of the kava. To see if it's considered heady or heavy, or what its other properties may be, you will have to look at individual reviews. Kava being the subjective user experience it is, I'm not sure how we could quantify the ratings without still reading each individual review.
Thanks for your feedback @violet. Your starting to see what I'm trying to find out. How can I quantify the ratings collectively (in a list or or a filter) to help you drill down to the product(s) you would like without having to look at each review individually. Just pretend you have never used kava before, that's my audience.

D

Deleted User01

It works Great Hedgie! I looked for reviews on Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and they were all there. :hungry: If you wanted to add a 3rd filter for effects, I guess you could. But you gotta remember that effects are very subjective. One Guys feels nothing and another says it is favorite Heady Kava. I've seen it. Kava Biochemistry is a mystery.

Keep up the good work. (y)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks for the replies. Interesting... Not quite the answers I was expecting. Maybe I'm not asking the question correctly. If you're not a newbie, pretend that you are (for a moment). Now one of the first things a newbie wants to know is "what is a good kava to get?" (right?). So someone replies "Well N@H is a good place" or "All the vendors here have good stuff". The problem I see with the Kavapedia is there is not a way to list the reviews in any meaningful way (IMO) to help me find the kind of kava I would want to try. For example the resulting list doesn't show the star rating of the reviews nor does it tell you much of anything else either until you actually look at each review individually. To me I feel that it's too tedious and think there should be some additional info in the list of reviews to help me find what I'm looking for.

Also the filter only has two criteria, it filters by vendors and by product type. But would it be nice to also be able to filter by shell rating or whether it's a heady or heavy kava? I could do lot's of different things, but don't want to do anything unless I feel it's actually useful to someone. So that's my purpose for asking, to get some feedback to help me figure the next thing to do that would constitute an "improvement" to help facilitate the display of all our great reviews we now have in order to make it easier for people to find good kava.

T

Tasha R.

Well I'm only Firefox and it wouldn't allow me to select the company. It just stayed on the drop down. Same for the second drop down question. I wasn't able to find that link easily and I'm a newb. But that is my own error not looking under the kavapedia. I'm interested to read the reviews once I can see them though!

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum Tasha R.! Headgie, there is nothing wrong with the current filters. I would talk to Tasha R. and see what would have made her experience better. Filters by Shell ratings doesn't work either because it is once again too Subjective. You cannot run tests on each Kava like consumer reports does to TVs. I love the idea of making it very easily accessible to Newbies. I would think that is the first thing they want to check.

P.S. I also have Firefox and it worked fine. I wonder if you have the latest version? I know I do because I was having problems with other things on it.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
I think, while the effects of each kava are certainly subjective, most people can pretty much agree on "heady" or "heavy" designations. That would be a great way to help newcomers.

I think the only problem with filtering by shell rating is that most of us really, really like kava, so most of the ratings are probably too high to really mean a whole lot. Maybe a "popularity" ranking would be better, based on number of reviews of a certain kava.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I think, while the effects of each kava are certainly subjective, most people can pretty much agree on "heady" or "heavy" designations. That would be a great way to help newcomers.

I think the only problem with filtering by shell rating is that most of us really, really like kava, so most of the ratings are probably too high to really mean a whole lot. Maybe a "popularity" ranking would be better, based on number of reviews of a certain kava.
That's a thought thanks (y)
I could probably figure out way to count how many people "liked" a review. Or maybe even add a poll to each review where you can vote for it. Great idea thanks!!!

D

Deleted User01

You know we LIKE ALL REVIEWS. I personally love all reviews and I'm grateful that someone took the time to pen one. Hedgie, I know you love ALL REVIEWS too. I guess one could make a heady/heavy distinction but the there are ratings for that already. You have done an excellent job on the current review form and I don't think you left any stone unturned. Ease of Access is what I think you are aiming for. I had no problems with it the other day but some are having problems with their browsers.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I know I really need to persipate in the review part. Thing is, I depend on individual members, telling me, what's good, and what's not. I mean I ordered Kava Candy because @HeadHodge , told me he liked it. I ordered Mahakea, micro GHK, because of @shakas . I ordered stone because of @Hyperion . Know I realize that does not help newbies. So Ill put more effort, in making Reviews. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
You know we LIKE ALL REVIEWS. I personally love all reviews and I'm grateful that someone took the time to pen one. Hedgie, I know you love ALL REVIEWS too. I guess one could make a heady/heavy distinction but the there are ratings for that already. You have done an excellent job on the current review form and I don't think you left any stone unturned. Ease of Access is what I think you are aiming for. I had no problems with it the other day but some are having problems with their browsers.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm pretty happy now with the actual fields in the review form itself, except I noticed a lot of people mentioning whether their kava was weak or strong in potency (i.e. only took 2 tablespoons to get good effects). What do you think about one more field called "Potency"? It would be a 5 shell rated field.