What's new

I think I accidentally had tudei

Hey guys!

I’ve never posted in a forum before... so I hope I am doing this correctly and that this is a topic which has not yet been covered. I believe I accidentally had tudei kava. I’ve just recently been getting into kava (huge fan, love my local kava bar) and I bought some of my own. I bought some great quality from Kalm With Kava, but also got this 55% kavalactone paste from Kona Kava. I took about a quarter teaspoon. Kava normally helps my anxiety but I fee the opposite right now. I feel like i’m having a dissociation/depersonalization episode, which is more unpleasant than it sounds. Is the paste possibly tudei? Is it okay that I had it? How do I make it ware off? And can I get my money back lol?

Thanks so much for the help, I hope you all are having a beautiful evening.

Parker

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey guys!

I’ve never posted in a forum before... so I hope I am doing this correctly and that this is a topic which has not yet been covered. I believe I accidentally had tudei kava. I’ve just recently been getting into kava (huge fan, love my local kava bar) and I bought some of my own. I bought some great quality from Kalm With Kava, but also got this 55% kavalactone paste from Kona Kava. I took about a quarter teaspoon. Kava normally helps my anxiety but I fee the opposite right now. I feel like i’m having a dissociation/depersonalization episode, which is more unpleasant than it sounds. Is the paste possibly tudei? Is it okay that I had it? How do I make it ware off? And can I get my money back lol?

Thanks so much for the help, I hope you all are having a beautiful evening.

Parker
Hi Parker and welcome. You're working the forum perfectly. As it stands, tudei isn't something that's all that popular or sought after. I've seen one vendor even claim that procuring tudei kavas now are actually more expensive than noble. The likelihood of it being tudei is actually pretty low.

It's not going to harm you physically if you gave it one try. If it makes you feel strange, I would suggest not messing with it anymore.

As a rule of thumb, extracts will always be iffy. They can be overwhelming, or they can do little to nothing. Personally I don't find extract to provide the same kava experience that drinking properly prepared root brings us. There's always something just a little missing.

The fastest way I've found to get back to baseline, if I'm too rooted, is to simply get horizontal and close my eyes. 20 minutes or so and I'm usually back in order.

Getting your money back for a product is only something the vendor themselves can speak to. Each return for a vendor is handled on a case by case basis.

Glad to have you around!

Bula!

Hi Parker and welcome. You're working the forum perfectly. As it stands, tudei isn't something that's all that popular or sought after. I've seen one vendor even claim that procuring tudei kavas now are actually more expensive than noble. The likelihood of it being tudei is actually pretty low.

It's not going to harm you physically if you gave it one try. If it makes you feel strange, I would suggest not messing with it anymore.

As a rule of thumb, extracts will always be iffy. They can be overwhelming, or they can do little to nothing. Personally I don't find extract to provide the same kava experience that drinking properly prepared root brings us. There's always something just a little missing.

The fastest way I've found to get back to baseline, if I'm too rooted, is to simply get horizontal and close my eyes. 20 minutes or so and I'm usually back in order.

Getting your money back for a product is only something the vendor themselves can speak to. Each return for a vendor is handled on a case by case basis.

Glad to have you around!

Bula!
Thank you very much for your response. I feel MUCH improved today. I just had some of my Kalm With Kava Vanuatu Boronguru, and like these effects way more. I will definitely steer clear from the extracts. Do you have any recommendations for good quality kava that is a little cheaper than Kalm With Kava? I absolutely love the brand and would like to support them, but am on a bit of a budget. Thank you so much!

Parker

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
One other (potential) issue is your dose of Kava with the paste. I’ve had that extract before and it’s no joke.

I also generally advise against extracts, mostly just because I enjoy drinking freshly made Kava, but also because I feel like all of the components of the root combine in the Kava drink to make it do the work that we love.

Bula, and enjoy your Kava journey!

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I've seen one vendor even claim that procuring tudei kavas now are actually more expensive than noble. The likelihood of it being tudei is actually pretty low.
I've heard that in Vanuatu, vendors who focus on the US market have optimised their supply chains for noble kava and they might have to go out of their way to produce tudei kava (having to wash, dry and process it separately, etc) which I assume explains the higher cost.

However, there is still a lot of tudei in the ground. Growers who have their kava rejected by the responsible exporters (for being tudei or general garbage quality) know to take their product to one or two buyers who still buy that stuff and process it for export to China where it's made into extract and sold wholesale on Alibaba. This is how tudei still gets into the US market. You'll find this garbage mostly for sale by very small online vendors of other botanicals.

I agree with @Kapmcrunk that it's highly unlikely that KKF sell mislabelled tudei kava extract since they make their own.