What's new

I think I went over the edge

I'm doing 6 ::aluball:: in the morning afternoon, then maybe 2 ::aluball:: more before dinner everyday.
Any concerns about consuming that much kava in a day?
Anyone have experience of taking that much kava?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'm doing 6 ::aluball:: in the morning afternoon, then maybe 2 ::aluball:: more before dinner everyday.
Any concerns about consuming that much kava in a day?
Anyone have experience of taking that much kava?
It depends how much you load into your aluball. I work in grams. Most days, 40 to 55 grams suffices me, but I use other psychoactives as well.

Many people can happily drink up to 100 grams per day, or more, for years, without any necessary, per se, negatives.

Just potential for dermopathy, like a dry, flaky skin condition. I can experience this as a side effect myself, when I keep my consumption higher for a while.

For example, if I keep to 35-40 grams a day, the Dermopathy symptoms settle down.

If I maintain 50 to 60 grams or more per day, I can get very dry, itchy and flaky skin symptoms.

I have never had any skin problems in my life. This is exlusively linked to kava, drawing that line. It comes down ultimately to how you feel. It is important to be in touch with your body, and higher self. If things feel right then it's okay, if something is not right, we should see or feel some signal.

It depends how much you load into your aluball. I work in grams. Most days, 40 to 55 grams suffices me, but I use other psychoactives as well.

Many people can happily drink up to 100 grams per day, or more, for years, without any necessary, per se, negatives.

Just potential for dermopathy, like a dry, flaky skin condition. I can experience this as a side effect myself, when I keep my consumption higher for a while.

For example, if I keep to 35-40 grams a day, the Dermopathy symptoms settle down.

If I maintain 50 to 60 grams or more per day, I can get very dry, itchy and flaky skin symptoms.

I have never had any skin problems in my life. This is exlusively linked to kava, drawing that line. It comes down ultimately to how you feel. It is important to be in touch with your body, and higher self. If things feel right then it's okay, if something is not right, we should see or feel some signal.
I fill up about half way in each ball

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I fill up about half way in each ball
The volume vs weight varies a bit between cultivars. I find myself, on average, 15 grams is about the maximum per ball, and depending on the cultivar's volume, it can take some tamping down to be level, at the top of the bottom section of the aluball.

Maybe you are using about 7 to 8 grams per ball I am thinking.

I always do two washes, hence me using a bit more per aluball, or otherwise a secon d wash is hardly worth it to me, but this too, can depend on the cultivar.

The volume vs weight varies a bit between cultivars. I find myself, on average, 15 grams is about the maximum per ball, and depending on the cultivar's volume, it can take some tamping down to be level, at the top of the bottom section of the aluball.

Maybe you are using about 7 to 8 grams per ball I am thinking.

I always do two washes, hence me using a bit more per aluball, or otherwise a secon d wash is hardly worth it to me, but this too, can depend on the cultivar.
ok im try to stick to 40g a day

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
ok im try to stick to 40g a day
Don't mistake me, I am not suggesting a maximum amount. There is no strict ruling or guidebook with kava consumpltion, and we all are very different individually in mind and body.

I myself did not experience any dermopathy for a good 8 to 9 months of daily kava drinking. And I know it is at least partially related to my body's hydration level, as kava is dehydrating by nature I believe.

I just have observed that there is a line for me to teeter above or below, where the dry skon can manifest and stick around with a certain higher level of consumption, but if I was to cut back to 40 grams max say, then the dermopathy quickly settles down.

If we say, for argument's sake, you load average 7 grams per ball- 8 balls is 56 grams.

In itself, no alarming quantity. If you feel okay, you enjoy it, it works for you and for purpose, then it doesn't really matter.

Yesterday I had 52 grams myself, using a different method, with 2 very strong kavas.

I should be able to happily suffice with 45 grams max daily, like three 15 gram double washed Aluballs, in about 460 ml water total each ball.