What's new

i think im doing something wrong

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So last night I decided to try the quick blender method. I was playing a little DnD, wanted some Kava and figured this was the one time I could try this and not feel like I was just being lazy and good lord. The Kava experience was way more potent than anything I have previously ( i know, small sample size still) had with the traditional prep which leads me to wonder....how terrible am I when it comes to making Kava the ol' fashioned way?!?!? o_O

fushi

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So last night I decided to try the quick blender method. I was playing a little DnD, wanted some Kava and figured this was the one time I could try this and not feel like I was just being lazy and good lord. The Kava experience was way more potent than anything I have previously ( i know, small sample size still) had with the traditional prep which leads me to wonder....how terrible am I when it comes to making Kava the ol' fashioned way?!?!? o_O

fushi
You get better with practice but I doubt anyone is better than a blender, lol. It's another way to make potent grog. A suggestion next time you try it is to blend and knead for a couple for minutes, once you pour it back through the strainer.

Borlor

You get better with practice but I doubt anyone is better than a blender, lol. It's another way to make potent grog. A suggestion next time you try it is to blend and knead for a couple for minutes, once you pour it back through the strainer.
Ooh I like that idea, haven't tried that way yet, although I am opposite to the op, I find kneading gives me a stronger brew than the blender method

Zaphod

Kava Lover

fushi
Nothing wrong at all! Blenders can make a really strong grog no doubt about it. Using really warm to hot water can also make a stronger grog - but the taste becomes very bitter. At some point prep becomes a balance between making it the strongest possible and convenience. When you are drinking daily it can be a hassle to drag out the blender. I also try and minimize the clean up. I am lazy. Doubly so when krunk. So I hate having to clean up every evening a plethora of kava making utensils.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Nothing wrong at all! Blenders can make a really strong grog no doubt about it. Using really warm to hot water can also make a stronger grog - but the taste becomes very bitter. At some point prep becomes a balance between making it the strongest possible and convenience. When you are drinking daily it can be a hassle to drag out the blender. I also try and minimize the clean up. I am lazy. Doubly so when krunk. So I hate having to clean up every evening a plethora of kava making utensils.
^This.