What's new

I understand more now but still one question

Boklos

After some members opinions here I'm looking for potent to sleep kava with less water and preparing.

I asked kwk about traditional vs micronised and their ratio was
Traditional: 3TBSnwith min 8oz water to 12
Micronised : 1tbs with 6oznwayer - 8oz

so micronised looked that it makes more sense, then read about alluball, and even with micronised it catches fibers, so decided my prep way will be alluball.

Now I can put one or 2 balls in it, and it looked like each takes 2tbs max so I could put micronised 4tbsps with min of 24oz of water while traditional 4tbsps with 8.5 oz of water.

now compare the 4tbsps of each, is the micronised more potent? Bc it's finer?

then I watch kavafield video where he uses 6tbsps kava supreme with still 8oz of water with 3 alluballs.

But then 16 oz kava birongu is $60 vs 4oz micronised for $30.

Is 1tbsp micronised equivalent to 3tbsps medium grind? Same brand let's say kwk borongoru? If yes how do you know just bc it's finer so more surface area?

2nd question: can I use 6-8 tbsps medium grind with less water ? So let's say 8 with 10oz water and blend it then strain with a strainer? Which strainer the nylon one or cheesecloth one? Or coffee filter?

Summary;
1-1tbsp micronised is equal to howanu tbsp regual with kwk
2- can I use less water then recommended for both of them.

Thanks

Zaphod

Kava Lover
After some members opinions here I'm looking for potent to sleep kava with less water and preparing.

I asked kwk about traditional vs micronised and their ratio was
Traditional: 3TBSnwith min 8oz water to 12
Micronised : 1tbs with 6oznwayer - 8oz

so micronised looked that it makes more sense, then read about alluball, and even with micronised it catches fibers, so decided my prep way will be alluball.

Now I can put one or 2 balls in it, and it looked like each takes 2tbs max so I could put micronised 4tbsps with min of 24oz of water while traditional 4tbsps with 8.5 oz of water.

now compare the 4tbsps of each, is the micronised more potent? Bc it's finer?

then I watch kavafield video where he uses 6tbsps kava supreme with still 8oz of water with 3 alluballs.

But then 16 oz kava birongu is $60 vs 4oz micronised for $30.

Is 1tbsp micronised equivalent to 3tbsps medium grind? Same brand let's say kwk borongoru? If yes how do you know just bc it's finer so more surface area?

2nd question: can I use 6-8 tbsps medium grind with less water ? So let's say 8 with 10oz water and blend it then strain with a strainer? Which strainer the nylon one or cheesecloth one? Or coffee filter?

Summary;
1-1tbsp micronised is equal to howanu tbsp regual with kwk
2- can I use less water then recommended for both of them.

Thanks
Equivalencies are rough, very rough guides so you don't take too much all at once. Other than that you will just have to start small and feel your way into what works for you. Micronised kava is not meant to be strained, and if your strainer captures anything from micronised then either you have poorly micronised kava (i.e. it is not ground fine enough) or you strainer is way too small for normal medium grind kava. Micronised is much "stronger" per tbs because it is essentially toss and wash - and you are getting near 100%extraction of the KL in your stomach. It is also much harsher for nausea, digestive track, and will bring on dermo much much faster than properly strained medium grind. I still feel micronised is not a bad option for beginners because it is easy to prepare and measure, but almost everyone moves to medium grind at some point so why not start where everyone ends up?