What's new

I want heady, but without anxiety

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Hey there! So, I suffer (and I do mean SUFFER) from straight up anxiety. I normally buy heavier kavas, but I'd kinda like to try some headier, more euphoric kinds. Would you say there's more of a chance to have rebound anxiety (or anxiety at all) with the headier kavas? Or is that not a thing? Thank you so much!

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
In my experience all kavas are anxiolytic. Heady kavas put me in an upbeat, happy, carefree state, and more balanced kavas in a more dreamy, sedated, peaceful state. I don't drink heavy kavas because they just make me want to go to sleep, which isn't what I drink kava for. I've never felt rebound anxiety from kava. One thing to note though is that heady kavas wear off quicker, so if you're drinking kava specifically to combat anxiety throughout the day, sipping small amounts of heavy kavas might be what works best. Heady kavas are good for recreational effects - socializing and feeling good ::KavaChug::

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, headies seem to turn off the part of my brain that's capable of worrying about anything just as well as more balanced kavas do, but have the added bonus of a mood boost and some mental energy.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
@Mo'iety @F3TU5 @ThePiper Thanks, everyone! I think y'all have given the courage to order a little bit of heady!! When I'm feeling super good from the heavy (shoot, I meant heady) come back and write each of you a sonnet. Haha ::awesomesmiles:: but really, thank you!

Last edited:

Priderock

Hey there! So, I suffer (and I do mean SUFFER) from straight up anxiety. I normally buy heavier kavas, but I'd kinda like to try some headier, more euphoric kinds. Would you say there's more of a chance to have rebound anxiety (or anxiety at all) with the headier kavas? Or is that not a thing? Thank you so much!
Kava Golds Kula

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Also remember kava is only another tool in your arsenal-take care of the anxiety from several angles such as slowing down, taking care of yourself and practicing mindfulness. Where there is relaxation there can be no anxiety...