What's new

ice and hydration

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
When I chill my Kava I don't just use a cube or two, I use half a tray of cubes or so. My question is, when drinking Kava, does Ice in your beverage properly rehydrate you ? I drink a lot of water anyways so it's not super pertinent, but im just wondering if Ice has the ol "putting it in as you'r letting it out" effect.

Because I'm Curious, like a cat.
tenor (1hgd).gif

-Fushi

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
When I chill my Kava I don't just use a cube or two, I use half a tray of cubes or so. My question is, when drinking Kava, does Ice in your beverage properly rehydrate you ? I drink a lot of water anyways so it's not super pertinent, but im just wondering if Ice has the ol "putting it in as you'r letting it out" effect.

Because I'm Curious, like a cat.
View attachment 11592

-Fushi
Probably not since you are drinking the kava with it, it does dilute it some. Drinking additional water is a good idea.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah I doubt it's enough, unless you drink like 1 shell a day. You're getting water with the grog itself, but kava is very dehydrating. For my body chemistry I usually need to be eating x amount of fruits and vegetables along with the water to stay hydrated or at least have a sports drink.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah I doubt it's enough, unless you drink like 1 shell a day. You're getting water with the grog itself, but kava is very dehydrating. For my body chemistry I usually need to be eating x amount of fruits and vegetables along with the water to stay hydrated or at least have a sports drink.
I usually stock up on coconut water for the heavy kava days. I hate plain water, unless it's 100 out.