What's new

Forum News If a new vendor shows up. How you can help.

D

Deleted User01

I think @Kapmcrunk's post is a reminder to all of us to be very respectful to any new vendor. But to Henry's post, many of them will not be able to answer our questions and their kavas may be less than noble. So when the questions begin; they get defensive, frustrated, and then they take their ball and go home. @HeadHodge, the questions have to be asked. But I'm not sure how nicely you can say, "Has your Kava gone through the Acetone test and what were the results". It's a damning question to say the least and no amount of smiley faces is going to change that. That's why I like the idea of giving a new vendor a questionairre and letting them fill it out and then posting it on the forum and in his vendor section. Probably less embarrassing and contentious. Yes, we are a special forum and we are a very loving and caring people tribe :love: but the "tudei" question can really trip up everyone.:sour:

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Kava pukes are the worst pukes :dead:

I do think that the forum can be harsh at times, as I'm sure some of you can remember. We should be ambassadors of noble kava, rather than crusaders. Discussions like "we like to buy kava that can prove it's nobility" rather than "if you sell tudei you're evil.". Focus on the positive next time, since it promotes discussion instead of anger and big, impenetrable walls.

We should discuss why we love noble kava, not why we hate tudei.

KavaCat

Meow.
@ Kapmcrunk
This is slightly off topic to the thread, and while I know that kava should be consumed alone, do we really keep having to censor kra***? I heard that it was recently removed from the DEA's "concern" list, and is now probably in the clear, regardless of whatever media hand-wringing there might be. Shouldn't that make its legality equivalent to kava, and therefore no longer part of the illegal/ questionably legal drugs rule?

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@ Kapmcrunk
This is slightly off topic to the thread, and while I know that kava should be consumed alone, do we really keep having to censor kra***? I heard that it was recently removed from the DEA's "concern" list, and is now probably in the clear, regardless of whatever media hand-wringing there might be. Shouldn't that make its legality equivalent to kava, and therefore no longer part of the illegal/ questionably legal drugs rule?
True, however to keep our message clear, and to prevent the two from being considered the same thing (which actually happens quite a bit) we will still continue censoring the word. This isn't intended to demonize krat0m, as it most certainly has it's place among the herbal world. It's intended to keep our focus on kava.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
On the week I joined the forum there was a person who thought he had a bag of kava from a friend for pain, and ended up taking a whole tablespoon or two I believe of MD K@ a very potent kind, haha needless to say he had some uncomfortable experience, it is crazy how much people confuse them. Even my family, I'm like oh its kava..." isn't that the stuff you quit haha"

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
On the week I joined the forum there was a person who thought he had a bag of kava from a friend for pain, and ended up taking a whole tablespoon or two I believe of MD K***** a very potent kind, haha needless to say he had some uncomfortable experience, it is crazy how much people confuse them. Even my family, I'm like oh its kava..." isn't that the stuff you quit haha"
Lol, two tablespoons of MD would indeed make for a very bad time. In my search for kava, I bought a sampler of different K@ strains, took it twice, and realized what kind of an addiction that would create. Considering my family's past with dependence issues, I consume nothing that could be so difficult to get rid of.

Kava is truly the best -- let's hope it can get to a point where it'll never be questioned from a legal standpoint in the US.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
True, however to keep our message clear, and to prevent the two from being considered the same thing (which actually happens quite a bit) we will still continue censoring the word. This isn't intended to demonize krat0m, as it most certainly has it's place among the herbal world. It's intended to keep our focus on kava.
Not to mention preventing people from finding searches about it from Google and other search engines.

D

Deleted User01

Kava pukes are the worst pukes :dead:
I do think that the forum can be harsh at times, as I'm sure some of you can remember. We should be ambassadors of noble kava, rather than crusaders. Discussions like "we like to buy kava that can prove it's nobility" rather than "if you sell tudei you're evil.". Focus on the positive next time, since it promotes discussion instead of anger and big, impenetrable walls.
We should discuss why we love noble kava, not why we hate tudei.
You are correct on all that. But the fur starts to fly when we ask the simplest of questions, like "Is your kava 100 percent noble". Or, "would you mind sending TrueKava a sample for testing." We are just consumers that want truth in advertising and we can ask those questions in the most polite manner that is possible. Never the less, some of the vendors ain't gonna like it. :eek: The good vendors will relish the chance to tell their story about how they go to great lengths to get the best kava possible. :D Anyway, I think we all agree that we should treat every vendor with the utmost respect and try to be as polite as possible so the vendor doesn't think we are agitating him. And maybe we failed to that in a few cases but we are going to try harder. Right guys?

KavaCat

Meow.
Eesh, that makes sense. I don't think anyone would confuse them after taking them both, though! I had kra*** exactly once, and didn't use the bathroom for like half a week. Four hours of pleasant feelings isn't worth days of suffering. Never again. XD

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
You are correct on all that. But the fur starts to fly when we ask the simplest of questions, like "Is your kava 100 percent noble". Or, "would you mind sending TrueKava a sample for testing." We are just consumers that want truth in advertising and we can ask those questions in the most polite manner that is possible. Never the less, some of the vendors ain't gonna like it. :eek: The good vendors will relish the chance to tell their story about how they go to great lengths to get the best kava possible. :D Anyway, I think we all agree that we should treat every vendor with the utmost respect and try to be as polite as possible so the vendor doesn't think we are agitating him. And maybe we failed to that in a few cases but we are going to try harder. Right guys?
Yea, I get where you're coming from, and agree in many cases. For instance, @Kavasutra calling everyone on the forum morons wasn't the greatest PR he could do here :LOL:

Like @Kapmcrunk said, just give the new guys a friendly week before we go full tilt. That'll give new vendors enough time to dig around the site, see what we're all about, and decide how they want to interact with us.