What's new

I'm a cheap date. Just need half shell Malolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I suck at those official "shell" reviews too - at least I think I will as I've never actually done one! Anyway as of right now I've had a small shell of Malolo (I'm a lightweight, don't need much) - about 3ozs worth and mixed to ratio suggested on packet .
So this so far is an interesting one. Within minutes I felt much more relaxed and happily light-headed. Was still able to finish off a couple of projects and felt almost meditative whilst doing so - very focused. This lasted about 40 minutes or so.
Then I noted what almost felt like a resurgence of my benzo taper anxiety - but with a difference. Muscles didn't feel right but more heavy and as though a band was tightening around them internally! Very strange feeling and I wonder if this is the heaviness that people speak of? Did not want to do a thing except lay down and listen to some relaxation music. Still felt this strange feeling inside my body, as well as some areas of tingling and perhaps even numbness. Got to admit - because of tapering off a very low dose of benzo and still at 1 mg once a day - this almost felt like a part of those withdrawal symptoms - yet in a completely different way. Almost yea I've got the symptoms but it's okay. I'll just lie here, acknowledge them and accept them instead of fearing them. It was strange and I think I need to experience this again!
I've never had a kava strain that supposedly has both heavy and heady qualities and not even sure if Malolo would be considered to be heavy.
I cannot wait until there's another review on this strain! Meanwhile let's say I'm still discovering how it affects me. Will be having another half shell around 3:30. Dinner at 6 and off to yoga/meditation from 7 to 8:30. That should be interesting!
Oh, and I like the taste. Of any kava. I like to sip and savor before semi-skulling.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hmm interesting - seems like 'Eva is the heady/heavy kava so maybe my response to Malolo was more me than the kava! Trying another shell right now but I think I should spring for the sampler pack!!! Get a better feel for what works for me!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hey there @kilakila !

Glad to hear you liked it. As it says on the packaging, every 20 to 30 minutes you should have another shell until you feel good. I think that the kava probably wore off quickly because you had so little. Try two or three 4oz shells and see how you feel then. Malolo is really a mix between heavy and heady, I wouldn't say it's either one necessarily. With the 'Eva, you'll notice a sharp difference in how heady it is in comparison.

Thanks for the review, PM incoming with your discount code! Once you tried it a few more times, do a full on review shells and all. I'm really curious about how you'll feel about it with some more trial and error.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hey there @kilakila !

Glad to hear you liked it. As it says on the packaging, every 20 to 30 minutes you should have another shell until you feel good. I think that the kava probably wore off quickly because you had so little. Try two or three 4oz shells and see how you feel then. Malolo is really a mix between heavy and heady, I wouldn't say it's either one necessarily. With the 'Eva, you'll notice a sharp difference in how heady it is in comparison.

Thanks for the review, PM incoming with your discount code! Once you tried it a few more times, do a full on review shells and all. I'm really curious about how you'll feel about it with some more trial and error.
Thanks for the reply! And for your suggestions! I'm always a little cautious when trying new kava after having some previous bad experiences! And once I get rid of the nasty benzos completely I will definitely experiment more!
Thanks for the discount. I'll be popping in to buy the sampler pack! Awesome service and a pleasure to do business with you!
I promise a shell review in the near future.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Hey there @kilakila !

Glad to hear you like it. Malolo is really a mix between heavy and heady, I wouldn't say it's either one necessarily. With the 'Eva, you'll notice a sharp difference in how heady it is in comparison.
Hi cactus kava, I might be making a purchase from you soon and just to clarify, your saying the Eva is more heady correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.