What's new

I'm preparing to sell carbonated kava

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hey everyone,

So I'm ordering some bottles and once they're in, I'd like to send out some free "Aloha Kava" to whoever wants as both a product test and a fun kava community thing (also I suppose a test for if the quality survives shipping). Not sure exactly how this forum works yet (if I should make another post or post here again, etc), but anyway, that's the plan: two free bottles for up to 12 people. All free, shipped free.
Since I'm skeptical I'd love to try it. Having a skeptic is good. I hope you're doing well. Let us know what you decide. Deep peace and health to All of Us.

Hitch

Kava Curious
Does kava in liquid remain as potent as it does made fresh? In other words, if you have a kava beverage does it lose its efficacy after a few months? This might make the carbonated drink difficult to do, I’m not sure. You don’t want people to not be able to feel the kava effects if they drink it a few months after bottling.

@Henry from the Pacific Roots I’ve tried this doesn’t seem to be an issue but you all are using lots of kava per bottle, so perhaps it’s OK if the kavalactones degrade in liquid over time (as you still have many in the bottle)?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
What do you mean no bacteria to begin with? Kava powder is not sterile.
Kava has neutral pH, so when you add water and have it at room temp to,it's a party for the microbes.
Hi Henry. I really appreciate you always so openly and humbly sharing your thoughts and feelings on all aspects Kava here on the forum, as well as our past email chatter.

You have such experience and knowledge of kava, but I particularly appreciate your totally modest approach to sharing your thoughts and opinions. I think we are all really lucky to have you here as an excellent and reliable sounding board on so many different matters.

Just expressing some personal appreciation anyway which I don't think we do enough in this world, but that's a different matter haha.

So, on topic, your quote here, by any chance, are you referring to beneficial microorganisms for the digestive tract and intestinal flora? I'm very interested deep down on this aspect of kava and how it can possibly positively affect our healthy intestinal flora and to what extent it can work antimicrobially in the intestines.

To me it would be absolutely amazing to learn that kava when prepared properly without too hot water does actually impart beneficial and supportive bacteria into the intestines and if those would be bacterial strains capable of colonising the intestines even better vs transient ones like you get with certain probiotics such as "soil based organisms."

But also when you say "sterile", it seems equally likely to me that you are referring here ear to the possibility of harmful antimicrobial contamination, or at least the presence of of less desirable bacteria which could potentially be problematic for certain people with compromised immune systems.

This is a really big topic I think. I just wondered if you had any particular knowledge or thoughts about this? Sorry to ask of you when I know you are such a preoccupied man but your knowledge is so useful and fascinating to me and I really would like to learn a little more about this subject from a a person I trust has done a lot more learning and research and experience on kava than myself, still a green banana me lol!

Damn guys, I broke my big toe last night checking on our amazing organic, outdoor Autoflowers in the dark to make sure everything was spaced apart nicely and not encroached and I tripped on a flower pot and busted my left big toe.

It was agony all night I literally couldn't sleep despite my herbal and substance intake which should have made it possible to sleep through anything but it has felt remarkably better this evening although very swollen.

Hopefully won't be too bad and will recover fairly quickly but my mum also did a treatment earlier with an amazing device for anybody suffering any sort of pain or injury.

It is an infrared massaging tool all and the infrared is simply amazing at both anaesthetising the area applied and providing surprisingly long lasting pain killing effects like 12 to 24-hours literally after a sufficient application.

The infrared also actually directly and immediately stimulates the healing process of both soft and hard tissue you can literally feel it tingling and vibrating in the worst area after a certain time of treatment. So worth knowing about for those in pain and recovering from injuries I will leave a link below:

Amazon product

Now, this is the model we have have which I can vouch for and is very cheap but I'm not sure it is available on the American Amazon they have an alternative newer model which is probably better but I can't promise that but you may be able anybody interested to find this same model in the USA, if you are looking for something extra to help with severe pain and speed up injury recovery time generally I swear by this device and so cheap as well.

Anyone suffering with a bad back who has a treatment with this device it also has a massaging function which can work alongside the infrared and well it can take an incredibly sore and painful back to a state of glorious comfort and relief and also build strength which lasts again for 24-hours plus.

So one infrared treatment earlier took my foot from constant agony to Barely noticing any discomfort at all unless I step too hard on the toe for a second.

So @Henry , appropriately I treated myself eventually to a 15 g Aluball double wash of your lovely Kelai kava tonight. Followed by a 17 gram, double wash Aluball of GHK M'oi.

Both very heady. I do love the Kelai. I stocked up on your Palarasul and Borogoru kava, plus others.

And some samples from elsewhere around as I appreciate a full range and spectrum for the contrast of what the Earth has to offer in beautiful plant medicines.

But I still keep itching to order some more Kelai from you lol, I just can't justify it at the moment but hopefully soon, it really is my "cup of kava!"

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

So I'm ordering some bottles and once they're in, I'd like to send out some free "Aloha Kava" to whoever wants as both a product test and a fun kava community thing (also I suppose a test for if the quality survives shipping). Not sure exactly how this forum works yet (if I should make another post or post here again, etc), but anyway, that's the plan: two free bottles for up to 12 people. All free, shipped free.
Outstanding and rare generosity, I feel it comes for all the right reasons too. I am not religious (nor against it, per se, I try to keep every possibility open on some level)....

But Jesus is said to have exclaimed that there is more pleasure to be gained from giving than receiving. Unconditionally of course.

And I sense that is exactly what you are doing and where you are coming from so I thank you and applaud you for this simply for being a positive and encouraging spark in difficult times for so many.

I personally have struggled enormously mentally over recent months but I I already was very poorly physically struggling through each day, and this type of living condition naturally enhances anxiety and depression and makes it even more essential to have a positive Focus and hope for the future in order to cope and keep going.

I expect I would actually jump right in there and take you up on the offer except I live in the UK so I figure that rules me out.

I mean I've always been an extraordinarily giving person myself so receiving from somebody so happy to give on rare occasions would only be a pleasure to me I genuinely never try to take advantage.

Still I applaud you for what you are doing and wish you all the best + welcome to the forum if you want you sorry I didn't check your joining date yet just assumed.

And....I look very forward to watching this thread and reading people's impressions.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Also, @Henry , I wanted to say that out of all of the other kava vendors I have successfully ordered from so far with absolutely no disrespect or criticism towards any of them. I rea.ise I actually feel as confident if not more relaxed and assured about ordering from yourself regarding the entire shipment and delivery process and speed of shipment especially even at this time.

Just a demonstration and credit to your your excellent service which so many people will really appreciate I have no doubt.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi Henry. I really appreciate you always so openly and humbly sharing your thoughts and feelings on all aspects Kava here on the forum, as well as our past email chatter.

You have such experience and knowledge of kava, but I particularly appreciate your totally modest approach to sharing your thoughts and opinions. I think we are all really lucky to have you here as an excellent and reliable sounding board on so many different matters.

Just expressing some personal appreciation anyway which I don't think we do enough in this world, but that's a different matter haha.

So, on topic, your quote here, by any chance, are you referring to beneficial microorganisms for the digestive tract and intestinal flora? I'm very interested deep down on this aspect of kava and how it can possibly positively affect our healthy intestinal flora and to what extent it can work antimicrobially in the intestines.

To me it would be absolutely amazing to learn that kava when prepared properly without too hot water does actually impart beneficial and supportive bacteria into the intestines and if those would be bacterial strains capable of colonising the intestines even better vs transient ones like you get with certain probiotics such as "soil based organisms."

But also when you say "sterile", it seems equally likely to me that you are referring here ear to the possibility of harmful antimicrobial contamination, or at least the presence of of less desirable bacteria which could potentially be problematic for certain people with compromised immune systems.

This is a really big topic I think. I just wondered if you had any particular knowledge or thoughts about this? Sorry to ask of you when I know you are such a preoccupied man but your knowledge is so useful and fascinating to me and I really would like to learn a little more about this subject from a a person I trust has done a lot more learning and research and experience on kava than myself, still a green banana me lol!

Damn guys, I broke my big toe last night checking on our amazing organic, outdoor Autoflowers in the dark to make sure everything was spaced apart nicely and not encroached and I tripped on a flower pot and busted my left big toe.

It was agony all night I literally couldn't sleep despite my herbal and substance intake which should have made it possible to sleep through anything but it has felt remarkably better this evening although very swollen.

Hopefully won't be too bad and will recover fairly quickly but my mum also did a treatment earlier with an amazing device for anybody suffering any sort of pain or injury.

It is an infrared massaging tool all and the infrared is simply amazing at both anaesthetising the area applied and providing surprisingly long lasting pain killing effects like 12 to 24-hours literally after a sufficient application.

The infrared also actually directly and immediately stimulates the healing process of both soft and hard tissue you can literally feel it tingling and vibrating in the worst area after a certain time of treatment. So worth knowing about for those in pain and recovering from injuries I will leave a link below:

Amazon product

Now, this is the model we have have which I can vouch for and is very cheap but I'm not sure it is available on the American Amazon they have an alternative newer model which is probably better but I can't promise that but you may be able anybody interested to find this same model in the USA, if you are looking for something extra to help with severe pain and speed up injury recovery time generally I swear by this device and so cheap as well.

Anyone suffering with a bad back who has a treatment with this device it also has a massaging function which can work alongside the infrared and well it can take an incredibly sore and painful back to a state of glorious comfort and relief and also build strength which lasts again for 24-hours plus.

So one infrared treatment earlier took my foot from constant agony to Barely noticing any discomfort at all unless I step too hard on the toe for a second.

So @Henry , appropriately I treated myself eventually to a 15 g Aluball double wash of your lovely Kelai kava tonight. Followed by a 17 gram, double wash Aluball of GHK M'oi.

Both very heady. I do love the Kelai. I stocked up on your Palarasul and Borogoru kava, plus others.

And some samples from elsewhere around as I appreciate a full range and spectrum for the contrast of what the Earth has to offer in beautiful plant medicines.

But I still keep itching to order some more Kelai from you lol, I just can't justify it at the moment but hopefully soon, it really is my "cup of kava!"
Sadly, the research on the effects of kava's natural bacterial flora on our health and well-being is very limited. I suppose at the very least kava acts as a prebiotic due to all the fibres.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Sadly, the research on the effects of kava's natural bacterial flora on our health and well-being is very limited. I suppose at the very least kava acts as a prebiotic due to all the fibres.
Hi Henry. Thanks very much for your courtesy in answering that, to the best of your knowledge.

I did also consider the potential for prebiotic effects, if no actual probiotic effects at all.

And there are strong arguments that prebiotics can be equally, if not, more important than probiotics.

I guess it is like the chicken and the egg in a way.

Hope all is well with you Henry.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi Henry. Thanks very much for your courtesy in answering that, to the best of your knowledge.

I did also consider the potential for prebiotic effects, if no actual probiotic effects at all.

And there are strong arguments that prebiotics can be equally, if not, more important than probiotics.

I guess it is like the chicken and the egg in a way.

Hope all is well with you Henry.
I have referenced this before and it may interest you:
It is one of the main reasons that I recommend not keeping pre-made kava more than a few days - and sealed up in a mason jar and refrigerated. I have kept a batch as long as 3 days with no issue, but without out some further stabilization method it starts to get funky. Beyond that if I have kava sitting around for more than 3 days something else has gone horribly wrong ;) Good luck!

Aloha Kava

Aloha Kava Guy
Kava Vendor
Hey kava friends, so I got the bottles in and will send two of them free to the first twelve who want it. I have three people so far -- nine left! If you'd like to try the kava "brewski" experience then dm me.