What's new

Impressions on new batch of Solomon Island

kl.Korgai

Kava Curious
I just got mine in the mail as well. I've been drinking it all afternoon. It certainly has a sting in your mouth I don't always get with other kavas. I love it when kava really has a kick to it like this stuff. It seems to promote way more euphoria than chief's jungle or most all I've tried. Really good stuff! My confidence that I can get truly krunk is back.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, SI is the best of the best. This batch is no exception. The only downside to SI is the taste. This stuff honestly is some of the worst tasting kava ive ever had. Buttt its my fav.

Would Soloman kava be ok to take before writing an essay or is it purely for times when you want to get basically drunk or as you guys say krunk?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
got mine today and drinking it now. Slight nausea, but could be the juice I consumed or not straining it enough. Strong head effects like I knew SI to be...can't wait for tomorrow to try it again. Better than stone. Now if Van3 would come back..

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
@Kingfanpaul

No, a couple shells of solomon island really helps you focus on one thing at a time, just dont try to multitask. I think writing a essay would be a good situation for a COUPLE shells. More than that and you will throw your essay away.

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
I made 3 cups of it with 6 tbsp of the kava, used a fijian cloth strainer. Felt some nausea. After the first two shells I almost gagged at the end of each shell. I like the taste of SI kava though. I felt like the effects were a little different than they have been in the past, still consistently strong.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Just had two shells of Solomon. I had almost forgotten how much I like this one. No nausea here but I do eat a small amount of food soon after I start feeling the effects. For me that helps to prevent nausea.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
No nausea this time for me, that's good. This time I made it without oil and no drinking juice before hand. Head effects where great (had some instant kava along with it).

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Yes I have and its pretty good.

What I have noticed about this batch is its not as powerful. I just dont get that solomon effect I normally used to get. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe its just me.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I donno, I consumed mine with a few shells of instant kava. I over did it and took the full next day for my muscles to recover from that 'relaxed' feeling. Solomon is still much better than Stone.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
before i cast too harsh of judgement i should point out i keep goin for a week or two then goin without for a week so my tribute hasn't been realized yet but this kinda reminded me of chiefs in that i'd heard mad hype but it just didn't hit me too hard but i think it's my lack of a reverse tolerance so i'm gonna hold off untill i get to that point. tastes unique but seems to make me grumpy and want to be left alone, but mildly krunked off 3/4 cup with 1 cup pure limeade (totally makes it taste better) + 1 can coconut water i've remixed a couple washes with water to still not krunked though

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
solomon is very euphoric for me, including this batch. I use 3-4 cups water (no oil/soy) and 1 cup root. Soaked for 30 mins, and squeezed hard for 10 mins. Cheif's never did it for me, I threw out my bag after repeated attempts.

consumed on an empty stomach, 4oz every 10 mins, I can feel solomon work it's magic at the 1hr point.

btw, chilling each shell with ice (not the batch) makes it easier to gulp down, followed by a minty hard candy.

If You like kava that don't knock You out or get Ya stumbling all over the place like Ya just drank a 5th Jim Bean Whiskey (Tongue)  Then Solomon Islands is for You. It is a very Euphoric/mood lifting kava that make's Ya feel sociable and kind Bigtime. It is potent in that area plus it will relieve some muscle pains and other pain's but where it is extremely potent is an anxiety buster. I mean You feel like everything is sweet and nice and feel like chit chatting to where I am more quiet of a person but a shell of Solomon Islands I can't shut up hehehe. 1 out 10 a 10 to Me others may rather mess with the other strains which are cool but no fun being to krunked. Aloha Charles from TN.

If You like kava that don't knock You out or get Ya stumbling all over the place like Ya just drank a 5th Jim Bean Whiskey (Tongue)  Then Solomon Islands is for You. It is a very Euphoric/mood lifting kava that make's Ya feel sociable and kind Bigtime. It is potent in that area plus it will relieve some muscle pains and other pain's but where it is extremely potent is an anxiety buster. I mean You feel like everything is sweet and nice and feel like chit chatting to where I am more quiet of a person but a shell of Solomon Islands I can't shut up hehehe. 1 out 10 a 10 to Me others may rather mess with the other strains which are cool but no fun being to krunked. Aloha Charles from TN.