What's new

In which countries is kava very popular? Outside the Pacific islands.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
In New Zealand it is used as a foodstuff. But how does it seem to be popular? Where else is Kava so popular?

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
If you read some/any of the threads in New Members, you would know that pretty much all the major ones are into it, including yours, in Poland.
Does people mention that they are from Poland or is it visible when looking at their accounts? I must have missed this. I have been curious why both stores in Europe is based in Poland, except Edward ofc.
I hope more countries in Europe would move in the same direction that Poland have done regarding kava.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
In Poland, it was legalized again, and it probably cost a lot of work. This made it somehow loud about her, maybe in Poland she is the most popular of the EU countries.
However, it is far from being said that it is a popular herb, many people do not know that it exists at all.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
My impression is that it popular for medical reasons outside of pacific and usa. Like in EU Its not tolerated as food. You can't have a kavabar. But I believe that admins of this site could share our location based on our ipnumber.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Does people mention that they are from Poland or is it visible when looking at their accounts? I must have missed this. I have been curious why both stores in Europe is based in Poland, except Edward ofc.
I hope more countries in Europe would move in the same direction that Poland have done regarding kava.
In kava in Europe & Beyond, you will find people mentioning the countries they are from, the United states is pretty obvious, since it makes up a good portion of us.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I’d say it’s not ‘very’ popular anywhere outside of the Pacific. The USA has the most kava bars and we probably consume the most kava of the non-pacific island countries...but it’s a big highly populated country, so most people still don’t know what it is. Other than the ‘real’ kava drinkers here, a lot of people might have a vague familiarity with the name kava, and probably think of it as a capsule or tea bag you’d buy at the nature/herb store.

New Zealand is worth a mention too, although...it’s technically a pacific island. There seems to be a handful of drinkers in a lot of countries, but there’s definitely more from a few certain ones. — I think KapmKrunk might have some stats on the KavaForum visits...that data could give a pretty good clue to the popularity ranking by country.