What's new

Member Soapbox Inner Stoner Gets the Better of me, Time to fast.

Mystic

Kava Curious
I used to drink wine nightly, and have Kava on my nights off, but often got headaches, so gave it up for awhile. A couple of months ago, I gave up the wine, and after a couple of weeks, started drinking Kava nightly, and to my surprise I don't get headaches. It has shown me that 24 hours break between the two wasn't enough. I'm thrilled to be able to enjoy Kava nightly, and kick the alcohol habbit. I'm looking forward to the weight loss part as well. The wine only made me eat more.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
When I was drinking kava every day, I found that a three day break of just drinking lots of water does wonders to flush out the system. And you enjoy the kava more when you come back to it (it seems.)

Lately I haven't been drinking a lot of kava, but then I haven't really *needed* it in a while, you know? There was a period there where kava was the reason tomorrow seemed possible, and I drank it every day as I worked my way through all the different kinds. Kava was an incredible asset in getting my head back together after a year and a half of severe depression and super-high anxiety. Imagine a slow dolly cam rolling back from my life into darkness. Kava didn't bring me right back, but it showed me the way home and did not itself become part of the problem. I have a deep and abiding awe for this root.

I'm economizing and drinking neither kava nor alcohol with any regularity. For pretty much the whole summer I was drinking kava maybe once a week at the most. Usually meeting my friend Frank at the Melo Melo.

Love this thread.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Deleted User01 you motivated my family to start eating better again. Lots of salads, veggies, fruits, nuts, and a little meat. So far so good and much easier making meals. It is weird when I went shopping yesterday and only went in a few aisles. Like this is all mostly junk food here.
Going to try and just drink kava in the aftenoon. Starting fo realize I was choosing to be krunk 24/7 and then just surfing the couch too much. Enjoyable but need to get back to using it medicinally and for fun just on the weekends. No harm from it as it wass just allowing my already lazy persona to go wild in an extreme lazy sort of way :)

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Well I made it too lunch time at least for my kava fast LOL. Small amount of Kava King inserted and now for my Green Machine. This may get messy in about and hour or so...

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Speaking of diets, I spent all of June on the Whole 30 diet, look it up... I dropped about 12 pounds that month and, even though now I'm off the diet...way off some days, I'm still maintaining my lower weight or even lowering it. some days I'll rebound and eat health, at least. Or have just an apple for lunch in prep for kava that evening. before diet i was 212 (for a 6'0" male) and now I'm maintaining around 187-189. I think kava does have an effect on this as I'm drinking kava prob 3-5 times a week. When I first started drinking kava I was eating more healthily at that time and noticed I dropped a few pounds pretty easy. IMO kava does have a place in a diet plan.

regarding kava fasting, so to speak, yeh I gotta take a break during the week to get more out of the weekend sessions. I also try to drink at least a half-liter of water right after I wake up in the mornings and when get home from work each afternoon, while drinking water throughout the day, of course. kinda giving the body a morning and evening flush before hitting it with food and/ or kava.