What's new

Instant Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

infraredz

BULA!
So, I finally decided to get some instant for travel situations. Anyways, I am going to try it out tonight and I know the recommended amount is 2 teaspoons. Unfortunately, I don't have measuring spoons (only a tablespoon) and so I was wondering what I should start off if I need 8-9tbsp of normal strength kava (Boroguru, Melo Melo, etc) to get a decent effect.

I don't want to try too much, but I feel like a tablespoon (3 teaspoons) would be a more precise measurement vs. eyeballing an estimate off a kitchen teaspoon...

lird12

lird
Wow, you need 8-9 tbsp of normal kava to get a decent effect? How many do you need of Nambawan? Usually if I strain 3 tbsp of Nambawan it seems like a really potent grog.

infraredz

BULA!
I need 5-6 tbsp for Nambawan (usually 6).

Everyone has different tolerances to kava's effects (we have Vekta who only needs 2tbsp and then people who need over 18tbsp). I think that my tolerance will go down once I start to get off some of the medications I'm on... or at least I hope. Everyone wants to be a lightweight :p

lird12

lird
Haha agreed. Yeah I am kind of like Vekta but I am realizing that I am getting more comfortable with increasing the dosage over time. In the beginning (about a year ago) I would get kind of panicky and nauseous from a few tbsp of Paradise's Hawaiian.. now it seems my digestive system is getting used to this root. If I may ask what medication you are on? Kava got me off of Xanax and it was truly a lifesaver in that sense!

infraredz

BULA!
I'm on a benzo (Clorazepate) and Gabapentin.

Both are potent GABAergics and I think Gabapentin also affects the voltage-gated Ca channels which is another mechanism of action of kava. I'm coming off the benzo currently though and kava has also been helping me tremendously. Glad to hear you're free of that stuff!

Bert07

Me like da kava
Infra, I've just tried out BKH's instant green for the very first time myself and I've always been using at least 2 usually 3 tsp. I tend to cap off my kava sessions with this so I like to use less when combining it with a couple shells. Don't underestimate the power of this instant because I can assure you if you finish off your kava session with too much of this you may very well regret it afterwards. It definitely packs a punch and can make you sick. If you're drinking only this and nothing else and are looking to get a good fix, possibly in the krunk zone, then I'd say go for at least 4 if not 5 tsp.

earth mother

Love and Light
I just received mine today! I can say that what I have had up to this point(capsules and other instants) pales in comparison to this. I did struggle a bit with the taste and clumpy clumps, but using the old trick of pluggin my nose and taking it down, like I used to with shots, made it not so bad. Not gonna lie though, is making me a little nervous to put on my big girl pants and go for the root powder...lol I have had 1 tablespoon with 8oz of Almond milk twice today and I definitely feel the euphoric effect, which has helped with the body stiffness a bit, but it is time to put those big girl pants on, make time, and go for the root....

Last edited:

infraredz

BULA!
Paradise's extracts taste really good and are really potent (feels like 90% kavain). That being said, it just is too expensive for me right now but that's not really their fault since they only get a 2% yield from the extract.

I personally like the effect from this BKH Instant more than the C02 extract.

BTW @Bula Kava House , what kava is used for this?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Paradise's extracts taste really good and are really potent (feels like 90% kavain). That being said, it just is too expensive for me right now but that's not really their fault since they only get a 2% yield from the extract.

I personally like the effect from this BKH Instant more than the C02 extract.

BTW @Bula Kava House , what kava is used for this?
It's a blend of Noble Vanuatu varieties.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
lird12

Paradises kava is is more of a "in mind" relaxation that is good to go on a day run.
BKH Green is awsome too in its own right.
Its more of a euphoric feeling. You can def. work on it, but you will get in that "mood" to just Bula!
Last time I drank Green I passed out on a floaty on the lake just thinking
"Maholo for these super sweet euphoric roots"
I do believe my wife took a pic, I'll try to find it, was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.