What's new

Instant kava question

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all - I tried the Fiji Vanua kava sampler pack. My least favorite one so far was the old roots medium grind - it was very strong (I had half the amount I usually drink) and I was groggy and out of it the whole next day.

I want to get some more instant kava and I see they also make an instant old roots. Is it safe to assume an instant old roots will have the same effect on me as the medium grind? Or is it possible it may affect me differently and maybe it’s worth trying?

my favorite kava so far has been kalm with kava Borogu - are there any instants out there that would be similar to that?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi all - I tried the Fiji Vanua kava sampler pack. My least favorite one so far was the old roots medium grind - it was very strong (I had half the amount I usually drink) and I was groggy and out of it the whole next day.

I want to get some more instant kava and I see they also make an instant old roots. Is it safe to assume an instant old roots will have the same effect on me as the medium grind? Or is it possible it may affect me differently and maybe it’s worth trying?

my favorite kava so far has been kalm with kava Borogu - are there any instants out there that would be similar to that?
Instants do sometimes have slightly different effects from the medium grind for no very good reason. In general though it's likely to be pretty similar.

Borogu is a run of the mill and very common kava that is everywhere. At one time most of the instants available were some form of borogu or mix of. The Kava Society NZ have a Melo melo instant which would be a bit heavier but not as heavy as the old roots I believe. I'm not sure what other instants are available at the moment.

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Instants do sometimes have slightly different effects from the medium grind for no very good reason. In general though it's likely to be pretty similar.

Borogu is a run of the mill and very common kava that is everywhere. At one time most of the instants available were some form of borogu or mix of. The Kava Society NZ have a Melo melo instant which would be a bit heavier but not as heavy as the old roots I believe. I'm not sure what other instants are available at the moment.
Thanks Edward, I probably won’t give it a try then. I’ve tried Kavakwik and enjoyed it (all flavors and the unflavored one) and get a similar effect to Borogu. I also tried DrinkRoot instant but don’t recall feeling much from that. Appreciate your feedback.