What's new

Instant kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

jones-in_j

Kava Curious
I still havent rrally tried kava yet but decided im going with this vendor and getting micronised

How many doses do u normally get in one of their bags? I know it says 1 to 2 tsp but have no idea how mucj that weighs

Also I see they offer 3 diff kinds... what would you suggest for a begginer? I'll likely only get one to try it out first before getting more into it

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
1 tablespoon equals about 7 grams. 2 tablespoons of instant and I'm where I want to be. I suggest starting off with the Mahakea, as it's a great middle of the road kava that has uplifting and sedative effects.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Stick with it for awhile before you give it up, by the way. I'm not sure if you've read anything about reverse tolerance, but you might not feel much, or anything, the first few times you try it. But after you break through that RT, you'll be glad you gave it a chance.

Also, micro and instant are a little different. The micro can be used like the instant--that is, stirring it into a liquid and drinking it without straining--but some find it to be a little too gritty or nauseating for their taste. I don't mind it, though, and if becomes that big of deal for you, you can always strain it.

I agree with Kapm on the Mahakea. It caused a few more stomach issues than other micros, but that's probably because I was drinking too much at once. Starting out, I'd say don't drink a second serving until at least a half hour after your first.

Check out the Kavapedia, too (http://kavaforums.com/forum/wiki/index/).

Status
Not open for further replies.