What's new

instant - milk or no milk?

does instant improve with some fat/milk?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zamboni Boy

Kava Curious
Hey all - saw many prep videos where putting a bit of fat source into the liquid helps with kavalactones activation/absorption - do you find the same to be true for instants or does it make no difference? Want to get the most bang for the buck here..
Thx

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I think it would be a crime to add anything other than some chilled filtered water to instant. jmo

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I don't ever add milk or fats to my kava anymore. I used to do this when I first started drinking kava. I experimented using a lot of different fats here and there. For me, I never noticed a difference and since have just stuck to traditional grog. It seems to work better than trying to digest other things on top of the kava. Perhaps those fats delay the kava absorption so it hits all at once later? :bookworm:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's a long story. When I first started drinking kava I would just drink with water. Then I noticed that if I drank milk in the morning I would get a massive kava rush. The next morning! So I started putting milk directly into the kava and boom, it makes a massive difference for me. I suppose everyone is different though. I find it makes a difference to medium grind when I am blending and also to instant. If I blend without milk and add it after the results are less impressive than if I blend with the milk. So I always just put about 1/5th to 1/4 milk in my water. You have to try it both ways for yourself and see if it works for you.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
It's a long story. When I first started drinking kava I would just drink with water. Then I noticed that if I drank milk in the morning I would get a massive kava rush. The next morning! So I started putting milk directly into the kava and boom, it makes a massive difference for me. I suppose everyone is different though. I find it makes a difference to medium grind when I am blending and also to instant. If I blend without milk and add it after the results are less impressive than if I blend with the milk. So I always just put about 1/5th to 1/4 milk in my water. You have to try it both ways for yourself and see if it works for you.
Should note that I am lactose intolerant so perhaps I'm just not able to get the benefits of this tactic.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Sometimes I'll chase kava with kefir. It's sort of like yogurt and the lactose has been removed by fermentation. But yeah, lactose is not my friend.