What's new

Instant Vanuatu dosage

DrRockzos

Hi team, new to the scene. Firstly I was somewhat of an alcoholic for years, being a chef and everything it brings lead me down that rabbit hole. After finding a mushroom that kicked the habit of all things I'm now 4 months alcohol free and don't even crave it. I decided to give kava a go as it's just been legalised in Australia for import and local sales and I wanted something to take the edge off. Wow my dudes what a powerful amazing plant.
So to my question. I have been drinking about 3 teaspoons of this awesome Vanuatu instant in 300ml+- of juice. How much is too much? I have had 2 of these mixes and really feel like a 3rd. I really feel that kava is everything I wanted from alcohol but in a much happier cleaner way. Anyways chime in on the dosage thing or just jump in for a chat.
Cheers guys :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi team, new to the scene. Firstly I was somewhat of an alcoholic for years, being a chef and everything it brings lead me down that rabbit hole. After finding a mushroom that kicked the habit of all things I'm now 4 months alcohol free and don't even crave it. I decided to give kava a go as it's just been legalised in Australia for import and local sales and I wanted something to take the edge off. Wow my dudes what a powerful amazing plant.
So to my question. I have been drinking about 3 teaspoons of this awesome Vanuatu instant in 300ml+- of juice. How much is too much? I have had 2 of these mixes and really feel like a 3rd. I really feel that kava is everything I wanted from alcohol but in a much happier cleaner way. Anyways chime in on the dosage thing or just jump in for a chat.
Cheers guys :)
Welcome aboard!

Kava has no intrinsic toxic properties, therefore there really isn't a hard line of "too much" in terms of dosage. It will be based on each individual's comfort level. When you start to feel that twinge of nausea, I suggest to pump the breaks. That's usually the spot where any more can have rapidly diminishing returns.

Glad to have you with us.

DrRockzos

I appreciate the fast and knowledgeable reply dude. Tonight is my biggest session this far, starting on my 3rd juice. No nausea or anything but I do feel mostly satisfied as if the kava is saying hold up and enjoy. Quite the opposite of booze as I would have in the past reached for another before I even thought about it. All up I'll be around 36g of instant which I have no idea how that stacks up to the norm hence my question of dosage.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I appreciate the fast and knowledgeable reply dude. Tonight is my biggest session this far, starting on my 3rd juice. No nausea or anything but I do feel mostly satisfied as if the kava is saying hold up and enjoy. Quite the opposite of booze as I would have in the past reached for another before I even thought about it. All up I'll be around 36g of instant which I have no idea how that stacks up to the norm hence my question of dosage.
36g of instant at once would be overkill, but over a session it's easily consumable. The only bad thing about instant is that it goes so damn fast! ;)

DrRockzos

Haha I'm finding it does go fast. That 36g is over a 5hr session not all at once. I'm going to try and find a good locally available grind and a preparation method I'm happy with now that I have experienced kava. I'm finding it hard here in Australia to get information on what strains and grinds would be best as it has only just become available.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
You've come to the motherload of all kava information. Appears Kapm and the boys have anticipated your needs and built a listing of Australian Kava Vendors. Plenty of information on their sites and here about different strains available. Enjoy!

DrRockzos

Cheers Chillbert! And thanks Capn for the replies/help. A little update just incase anyone else is interested in this instant, I'm now 60g in at the 8hr mark. I'm definitely shelled (new Aussie term as rooted is already taken lol) right now, it's 2am and I seem to have boundless energy and inner peace. Very uplifting yet sedative effects. No undesirable effects besides a slight feeling of dehydration which I expected and small amount of angst as sleep will be sparse. My saviour being I won't have a soul crushing hangover in the morning just some knock on lethargy and calmness. If you stumble on this thread or you're still here, thanks for joining me on the journey as it has been a blast. Still got another hour in me before bed as life is too damn enjoyable.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Cheers Chillbert! And thanks Capn for the replies/help. A little update just incase anyone else is interested in this instant, I'm now 60g in at the 8hr mark. I'm definitely shelled (new Aussie term as rooted is already taken lol) right now, it's 2am and I seem to have boundless energy and inner peace. Very uplifting yet sedative effects. No undesirable effects besides a slight feeling of dehydration which I expected and small amount of angst as sleep will be sparse. My saviour being I won't have a soul crushing hangover in the morning just some knock on lethargy and calmness. If you stumble on this thread or you're still here, thanks for joining me on the journey as it has been a blast. Still got another hour in me before bed as life is too damn enjoyable.
That's awesome, and we went round and round with the term "rooted" when the Australian Pilot started. We sorta knew that one might not be so popular, lol!

Glad you're enjoying kava. I moderate for several platforms including reddit/r/kava and the amount of people we help saying "I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING" makes posts like yours a full on breath of fresh air.

DrRockzos

Thanks man I'm really enjoying the journey. This feels much better than alcohol. For comparison sake on kava I'm sitting here content and at peace. If I was at this level with alcohol I'd be listening to music depressed trying to escape. If it hasn't already been done you could pin a post about titrating a personalised dosage much as I have done tonight. At first I felt nothing but once I hit that threshold I knew what the kava was saying. Approaching it with an open mind has most probably helped. I don't think I'll ever go back to alcohol or benzos, this has the benifits of them with a clarity of thought that's so unique. To anyone who says they feel nothing I urge them to go a little deeper, slowly but with mindfulness and trust in the kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@DrRockzos I can already tell you're really going to love traditional prep if you like instant. It takes on a different level of effects.

For Australia, check out Root & Pestle Powders. They have instant and traditional and it's worth the money.