What's new

Interesting website (KelaiPharma)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Looks like this company is focusing on using kava extracts for pharmacological uses. Highly suggest taking a look.

"The Purpose Of Kelai Pharmaceutical Is to bring together powerful natural molecules with Advanced Drug Delivery systems to create safe, effective, and innovative therapies for addiction, mental health disorders, and related conditions.

Kelai creates profoundly safer and more effective pharmaceutical products sourced from nature, but made infinitely more impactful via a patented drug delivery platform which enables precision-dosing. The company is able to overcome the challenges of many botanical compounds such as poor bioavailability, heavy first pass metabolism, hepatotoxicity, and dose frequency - thus allowing these compounds to reach their full potential as disease interventions.

Made in Nature. Made Better with Technology"

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Just saw this. I agree Kapm, tis awesome as a med intervention for so many afflictions. Just hope Big Pharma doesn’t get involved. I’d hate to have to go to an MD for a prescription to get my Kava fix.

bupkys

Looks like this company is focusing on using kava extracts for pharmacological uses. Highly suggest taking a look.

"The Purpose Of Kelai Pharmaceutical Is to bring together powerful natural molecules with Advanced Drug Delivery systems to create safe, effective, and innovative therapies for addiction, mental health disorders, and related conditions.

Kelai creates profoundly safer and more effective pharmaceutical products sourced from nature, but made infinitely more impactful via a patented drug delivery platform which enables precision-dosing. The company is able to overcome the challenges of many botanical compounds such as poor bioavailability, heavy first pass metabolism, hepatotoxicity, and dose frequency - thus allowing these compounds to reach their full potential as disease interventions.

I actually think this is a great idea, as well. The over reliance on hard psychiatric drugs, that often have side effects worse than the condition, was creating a major blind spot in terms of outcome data. Things werent getting better for most people but because psychiatry "understood the data" truly new alternatives were not being explored. Mental un-wellness is not caused by a chemical imbalance or a faulty process in the brain. This model is so reductionist it boggles my mind how leading academics refuse to question it. Anyone that's been well and also not well, can tell you that operating the mind properly is so much more complex than "chemicals in, behavior out".* I think kava would be a great tool to help understand wellness practice, the reverse tolerance being one reason. Kava has a strange mechanism where it encourages you to take less over time, versus other more addictive substances that keep saying "more, more, more". Kava seems to have a built in fail-safe that says "less is more". Also it is a great tool for conversation, creativity, etc. I think the direction we should be taking with wellness is not thinking in strict absolutes. Rather think what does it take to live a good life? True raw connection with others, through dance, laughter, communication and love is a much more potent and beneficial tool than simply elevating a persons baseline chemical x. Simply feeling well is not enough and that's all thay psychiatric drugs do. and being okay with not being where you want to be in life is not a solution, it's a cope. And so with this in mind I think gearing our solutions toward an outcome that doesn't just check the boxes on paper but actually integrates the person's conscious experience into a life that they want to be living, is the prime destination we should be navigating this confused (albeit sound of heart) practice of psychiatry.**

[*Anyway to cut a long story short: allowing the psychedelic community to have some say in the formation of a wellness protocol was a game changer. We learn that it's obviously not just the chemicals and their compositions, but that those chemicals are merely a substrate for a virtual organization of permanently changing flows and cuts of various intensity. What this means is that it takes more than just
chemicals and their proper ratios to make a desirable experience. The true composition is atypical and as such there is no genuine "normal". Okay I'm getting long winded here, the point is that those varying degrees of virtual intensity have more existence than the objective material of which they are made up. Different intensities can be more desirable or less desirable. The idea here is that we want consciousness to remain a desirable phenomena]

(**With the direction that big pharma has taken as of recent, under the weight of good science, bad science, public need and public outcry, the inner understandings of psychiatry are beggining to soften. The integral matrix of consciousness and wellness, practice and medicine is in dialogue, and the fruit of this is that the understanding of what it means to be well and what it takes to be well is having a revolution in a sense.)

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized

Now to go put on my Kelai transdermal patch and enjoy.