What's new

Introducing the new pop-up display box for retailers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I am happy to announce the new Kava Candy pop-up display box for retailers. If you know any stores in your area that maybe interested in carrying the Kava Candy, please let me know. Stores can actually buy online very easily and offer it to their customers. I hope the candy can be a great way to introduce new people into the kava world. Aloha, Steve

Link for wholesale (here)

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Excited about this! Our sales of the candies literally doubled when we started keeping them on display in a glass jar on the bar. There really is something to be said about the "impulse buy" and/or suggested selling. Now, we will be able to eliminate the breakable jar, and still keep them on display. Unfortunately, we still have a few cases left - but I don't anticipate them hanging out for long! We are working on a second location, so we hope to double our orders soon. Cheers! All the best!
Very Truly,
Iahi (Andrew)

D

Deleted User01

Steve, I have several packs of the candy and I really like them. Perfect for going to the mall with the wife on short notice and watching her shop for shoes. If you start selling the candy in Convenience Stores, how do you keep them out of the hands of youngsters? The minute some kid starts acting up in class because he wolfed down a bunch of Kava Candies then you are in the front page of the newspaper the next day. I'm curious as to how you are going to market this product without getting thrown in the same bucket as synthetic Marijuana and such. Here locally, they are really cracking down on that stuff after some kids went beserk. By the way, this is Texas.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Aloha Deleted User01 (Texas)! Glad you are enjoying the kava candy and it sounds like you have found a great use for them..lol :) The candy is selling in some stores here in Hawaii and different venues on the mainland. Although every business in "dietary supplements" is vulnerable, we hope to take precautions needed to keep everyone safe. There is another warning sign on the front of the display box that reads "Not recommended for children, pregnant, or nursing women" but it will really be up to the retailer to determine if they want to sell the product to an individual (or child in this case). For example Wholefoods sells kava powder as well tinctures. Is this kept out of children's hands? Kids can get a hold of computer dust spray which has unfortunately killed hundreds of children due to inhalant abuse. Now they put a label on it saying "Contains a bittering agent to help discourage inhalant abuse".

The candy typically taste better than straight kava (as intended) but I do think there are some natural *GOOD* hurdles that kids will face. 1st, the Kava Candy does not taste like normal candy and some of the bitterness and numbing will deter a lot of kids (I tried this on my teenages as well as my nieces and nephews and they don't care for it at all). Also, one would have to eat a great deal to get that "high" feeling that some of these kids maybe seeking - too much work so bath salts, synthetic Marijuana, paint, etc is something they may more likely gravitate towards (again unfortunate but reality in America).

With that said, kava has been sold over the internet and in stores for decades (even flavored drinks, chocolate kava bars etc). My hope is that with suitable labeling and education at a retail level we can prohibit young kids at a store level from getting access (ie. 13 year old wants to buy a case of Kava Candy; sorry your parents will need to buy this) although legally kids can get access to buy fish oil, vitamins, and other dietary supplements. Aloha, Steve

D

Deleted User01

Good answer. As for that high feeling, don't underestimate your product. I get a good feeling with just one sweet tart and I can imagine you could get a pretty good buzz with a bunch of them. But realistically, do the kids want to go thru the whole reverse tolerance thing. Probably not. I brought it to your attention because (in South Texas) they are really getting after the retailers who sell "supplements" that are really synthetic drugs and those drugs are "cut" with all kinds of dangerous crap. And though your product is safe, there are always alarmists who lump everyone into one bin.

P.S. They can't buy tobacco products in Texas unless they are 18 years old and I remember when we could buy cigarettes at 10 years old if we had the kahunas.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
Why call it "KavaKava" Candy? I personally associate "kava-kava" labels with bunk products like capsules, tea bags, tinctures, etc. This is NOT a bunk product.

The display is quite nice. I hope it helps boost your sales.

infraredz

BULA!
Probably because of Lebot's point that "kava" is the aqueous extract of kava root. Anything else isn't technically kava, or shouldn't be labeled as such. He makes the argument that if you gave someone a caffeine pill and told them it was coffee, they would look at you like you were crazy.

This sort of thing is actually in the works (and has been since Vanuatu's Kava Act of 2002) and I think it's moving everything in the right direction.

Nonetheless, hopefully the candy can sell based on its reputation... which is great so far! :)

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
I dont understand how 50mg kavalactones can produce any significant kava feeling, maybe its the combo with lemon balm

G

grudge

Akava, coming from the experience of consumption of numerous packages, the effect is subtle but noticeable. A few can really take the edge off of mild social anxiety & such, they taste good and are portable (hard to get with kava).

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Thanks - I liked "Kava Kava" as opposed to just Kava because it simply rolls off the tongue more...also during the design of the logo it just looked a lot better :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Steve, where did we come up with "kava kava" anyways? I do find the odd person who has heard of kava in the health stores and what-not. They're always like "Oh, yeah, you mean kava kava" I want to correct them, but I'm happy they've heard of it at all

I do agree though. Kava-Kava sounds inviting where Kava probably invokes thoughts of coffee in those who have never heard of it.

Also, akava eat 4 when you wake up after a night of kava drinking. It will bring back the krunk.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Not quite sure of the origination or pedegogy but many words from Samoa, Tonga and pacific islands are repeated. Here in Hawaii it is just 'Awa of course which from a commercial product point of view was tough to educate the general public. I use to manufacture a small boutique beverage called "'Awa 2O" (literally kava in water H2O) and underneath the logo "premium kava beverage" because no one really knew what exactly 'Awa meant while a decent amount know or have heard of Kava. Technically, one might have to say lets drink some "kava lactones" because we are not really drinking the whole plant. Kava Tea would seem like it is leaf based like other teas but it is root based....if any one has some better insight on "kava kava" I would love to hear.

Akava - as far as strength, the candy is nice for a day time use (at work, commute, etc). Not meant to make anyone super krunk or non-functional. The amount is absorbed sub-lingual which increases absorption quite a bit as opposed to through the gut. A fun experiment to try is pack some root or powder into your cheek and let it sit there for a while (like chewing tobacco). Although not that pleasant in taste, it can provide a little punch :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.