What's new

Is 16 TBSP/day too much? Does anyone do this?

tjudd123

I have been drinking kava for years because it helps immensely with my mental health and have recently been drinking anywhere from 12-16 TBSP. Is there anyone that drinks this much on a daily basis that has had good reports on their liver health? Could drinking this much kava potentially be dangerous? Thank you so much.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
Ill do bowls of 10tbsp, but thatll also knead into a second bowl. Overtime ive found less is better for me. I just hope you aren't wasting kava im not sure how you prepare it and then decide when its spent. Some people definitely use such amounts, i could see that being a little pricey overtime though. As for health ive drank kava for 8 years but haven't done tests to specifically see if it negatively effected me. I take 1-2 day breaks every week when i feel im drinking to much or my skin gets drier.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
That is quite a bit, and would be way too much for me personally - just because of how tired and out of it I would be the next day. I would also be super dehydrated. That being said, everyone is different. What is fine for you, could be too much for me. I've heard of several others on this forum drinking anywhere between 8-16tbsp a night (usually my average is anywhere from 8-10) so it's not unheard of. As for the safety of it, I'm not sure. Just pay attention to your health and how you feel!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have been drinking kava for years because it helps immensely with my mental health and have recently been drinking anywhere from 12-16 TBSP. Is there anyone that drinks this much on a daily basis that has had good reports on their liver health? Could drinking this much kava potentially be dangerous? Thank you so much.
Some say yes other no, I have been there and for most people, less is more. Your body has a way of telling you when you've reached that limit. Listen to it. Put it like this, I went from that amount to drinking kava 1-2 times a month.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It's not really a good idea. It may be a mistake you can afford to make, but it will put some stress on your body, particularly your skin and your hydration, but also your digestion and energy levels over time. If you are in a place where you feel you need it to cope with whatever you are going through, try drinking it mindfully, and ask yourself if you need to have more or not. It's definitely better than drinking a case of beer every day or doing illicit drugs. But you will most likely need to cut back at some point in the near future and your body will tell you when, listening is the hard part.