What's new

Is 600 mg of kavaacetons in one day bad for my liver

Funkyfoil

I got a life's choice kava tincture and ive taken around 600mg of kava acetones today. How bad is it for my liver to consume around 1200mg of kava acetones over the next few or more days?
The liquid i bought has 30mg of kavaacetones per 5ml and bubbles when mixed in water and burns my mouth taking straight, not sure if that effects how its metabolized but yeah

In your guy’s experience how bad for my liver will this be

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I got a life's choice kava tincture and ive taken around 600mg of kava acetones today. How bad is it for my liver to consume around 1200mg of kava acetones over the next few or more days?
The liquid i bought has 30mg of kavaacetones per 5ml and bubbles when mixed in water and burns my mouth taking straight, not sure if that effects how its metabolized but yeah

You ever tried traditional prep kava?

To directly answer your question, you're likely fine, however we can't give you a guarantee because there's no way to tell what they used to make that extract. This is the risk you run when you use extracts.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, if your worried about your liver go with quality noble kava powder from a kavaforums approved vendor. Then i wouldn't really worry too much about overdoing it.

Mr. Jiggs

I agree with Aceofwands. I find the traditional prep for kava better for me. The one challenge seems to be gauging the amount of kava lactones produced by the preparation. This mornings kava hit me pretty hard. I actually got a bit of a headrush from it. It smoothed out pretty quickly. I've been shelling the rest of the day today, and it hasn't produced the same effect. I'm curious to see if I will get the same result tomorrow morning (I typically shell all day on the weekends).

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

You'll throw up before you get anywhere near drinking too much. I don't recommend trying it, best to drink moderately, as it is intended.