What's new

Is a fat source necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
It does seem to be that I have an easier time squeezing out a darker/more opaque grog when I use lecithin. With Squanch, in particular, I think it actually makes it too difficult to get through the filter when I add the lecithin. I was asking about this when it comes to my Aluball prep (in that thread) - whether it helps or doesn't and whether it should be in with the kava (which is what I've been doing) or the water. I use the CTAHR method (or a form of it) otherwise I and really think it helps me get more out of every wash.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It certainly doesn't do you any harm. I went through a transitionary phase where for several months I prepped using 2/3 water and 1/3 coconut milk, as it helped with the taste so I could drink it. After a while it was no longer necessary and then after that I started liking the taste of kava so I prefer not having anything mess with it. But if you like it with milk or nut milk or whatever, by all means, enjoy it the way you like. Is it required? No, not at all.

Munsoned

Kava Curious
I find that if I eat a bit of coconut oil after it helps bring the initial effects on a little stronger. Still, not that noticible, nor necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.