What's new

Is anyone aware of any laws banning kava in the Caribbean?

RevRad

Kava Curious
I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip to the Caribbean in the fall, right now the top candidate is Trinidad & Tobago, I was looking at Grenada but flights are either rare and have super long layovers (think up to multiple days) or very expensive if you want a more direct flight so that's almost off my list now.

Anyway, is anyone aware of any laws banning kava in any of the Caribbean countries, particularly Southern ones (when I'm planning to go is tail-end of hurricane season, South Caribbean is safe from tropical storms for the most part so I'm not too focused on Northern countries right now)? I did some quick googling and couldn't find anything but sure wouldn't want to bring kava to a place where it's banned or where I may have other trouble with it.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
No problems toting kava last summer in Bahamas across to Grand Turk, but didn't make it to the southern isles.

I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip to the Caribbean in the fall, right now the top candidate is Trinidad & Tobago, I was looking at Grenada but flights are either rare and have super long layovers (think up to multiple days) or very expensive if you want a more direct flight so that's almost off my list now.

Anyway, is anyone aware of any laws banning kava in any of the Caribbean countries, particularly Southern ones (when I'm planning to go is tail-end of hurricane season, South Caribbean is safe from tropical storms for the most part so I'm not too focused on Northern countries right now)? I did some quick googling and couldn't find anything but sure wouldn't want to bring kava to a place where it's banned or where I may have other trouble with it.