What's new

Is it normal to lose weight with Kava?

001jay

Hi All
I have been having Kava (traditional prep) most nights for the best part of 10 months now and have gradually seen my weight reduce from around 12.5 Stones (79.3kg) to 11.3 stones (71.7kg). I suppose my diet is more healthy since starting Kava and before Kava I would drink a few glasses of red wine or beer most days, and now thats probably only once or twice a week.
I feel great, and have no other symptoms and my bloods came back with a very healthy liver and thyroid etc so there doesnt seem to be any underling cause. But a few people have commented on the weight loss and its starting to make me paranoid…

Have other people experianced any simmilar effects from Kava?

Thanks in advance for replies.
I also apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes, I am trying to learn Spanish so have changed my computer from english to Spanish and now every word I type is incorrect according to auto correct :bored:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi All
I have been having Kava (traditional prep) most nights for the best part of 10 months now and have gradually seen my weight reduce from around 12.5 Stones (79.3kg) to 11.3 stones (71.7kg). I suppose my diet is more healthy since starting Kava and before Kava I would drink a few glasses of red wine or beer most days, and now thats probably only once or twice a week.
I feel great, and have no other symptoms and my bloods came back with a very healthy liver and thyroid etc so there doesnt seem to be any underling cause. But a few people have commented on the weight loss and its starting to make me paranoid…

Have other people experianced any simmilar effects from Kava?

Thanks in advance for replies.
I also apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes, I am trying to learn Spanish so have changed my computer from english to Spanish and now every word I type is incorrect according to auto correct :bored:
Hola Jaime, disfrutas tu viaje a España!

Si, es normal que vas a perder un poco de peso cuando tomar kava a menudo. Por cierto es porque comes comida mejor y menos comida en total.

001jay

Tu español es muy bueno Edward!

Gracias por la información, estoy de acuerdo en que esa es probablemente la razón. Me relajaré ahora :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Not sure what was said above lol, however I think it can be a side effect of kava when used on to empty a stomach. When people first start using they go a bit crazy with the whole empty stomach thing. And while it is the best way to get a strong drug like effect from kava, it is not necessary for basic anti anxiety effects and enjoyment. It seems if you have little snacks with kava and eat regularly with it. The appetite suppression doesn't occur as much. Whereas if you drink alot on empty stomach it can be extremely hard to eat or even want to eat