What's new

Is there Chinese Kavawine?

Pauli

Kava Curious
I have seen recently Kavawine from China, containing alcohol. I lost the link, but is it possible or reasonable to mix kava with alcohol?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have seen recently Kavawine from China, containing alcohol. I lost the link, but is it possible or reasonable to mix kava with alcohol?
Best to skip the alcohol when imbibing kava. The combination can cause a histamine reaction in a number of people that cause them to break into hives.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Since most of the alcohol in china is ricewine, or sake, it's a neat idea to ferment kava since it is starchy. I have brewed kava before in apple cider and it was really tough to drink. when I brewed kava in moonshine it was a drunk time, not a good time. I have not tried fermenting kava though. Seems best by itself.

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
Oh gosh that just sounds like a recipe for a bad time LOL

Kava tastes nasty by itself I can’t imagine how bad the fermenting root would taste LOL

Kava is best enjoyed without alcohol. In fact, you should quit drinking alcohol and just stick to kava.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
According to a 3 year old reddit post this is made "by a Chinese company" ... but I can find no other information.
So made in Vanuatu but by a Chinese Company?
Yes - made by the attractively named "F9 Industry Trading" using chinese rice wine with a kava infusion. Theres a of of Chinese liquor where i am in Laos - I used to have to do shots of various types at working lunches in north Laos near the chinese border. One popular one here tastes like cough medecine and used to make me short of breath and give me heart palpitations. Perhaps the weirdest one though was a goldfish bowl full of a distilled rice spirit, with a dead blackbird marinating in it, feathers and all. Not sure what benefits the dead bird was supposed to add but a litre of Bir Kar would have been much nicer.