What's new

Is this kava okay?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think it's normal, just some part of the extraction that settled...it was in the fridge so I'd definitely drink it. ::happyshell::

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I think it's normal, just some part of the extraction that settled...it was in the fridge so I'd definitely drink it. ::happyshell::
Thanks! Its pretty good for a daytime kava. Been under a lot of stress just lately and sometimes the adrenaline induced anxiety is too much for me. The nene calms me down enough to relax but still remain functional, and a good nights sleep follows!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Is Nene an underrated Hawaiian 'awa? I think it is. Nene was something I looked at and didn't think it was worth considering at first glance. But then I actually tried it in instant form and I restock it regularly now. I need to try it fresh...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I mixed up some fresh frozen nene kava from Roots of Happiness yesterday. Tasted fine but I had some left over. Took it out of the fridge this morning and before shaking it up, noticed this white “substance”. It disappears when the mix is shaken. Is this normal?
Yes, I noticed that, too, when I got some over Christmas. Seems harmless.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Is Nene an underrated Hawaiian 'awa? I think it is. Nene was something I looked at and didn't think it was worth considering at first glance. But then I actually tried it in instant form and I restock it regularly now. I need to try it fresh...
Maybe because it has the reputation of being "just" a mild kava! I haven't tried it very often - especially in the medium grind form - as I found it didn't help me sleep! But this frozen kava seems to be doing the trick. Now I think I sleep too much! But, yea, definitely good for relaxing the daytime nerves! Just don't overdo it!