What's new

issues connecting to forums

hightides42

our Roots run deep
This past week it has been really noticeable, couple times a day it seems. usually fatal error with few mentions of cachefactory (line 226) fails, refreshes for up to 30min so far produce same result, until website just opens correctly.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This past week it has been really noticeable, couple times a day it seems. usually fatal error with few mentions of cachefactory (line 226) fails, refreshes for up to 30min so far produce same result, until website just opens correctly.
Hi there. I'll tell you specifically what it is. Our host has been installing some updates and patches to the physical server that our website is located on. We run a caching service called "Redis". This makes the forums much faster and easier to navigate. Lately when the host has been rebooting the sever, my redis instance isn't running, and causing that exact error you're seeing. It requires me to log in to the command line and run a few commands. I'm working with the host to add this to auto-start.

Sorry about that! It gives me cold sweats to wake up and see KF w/ an error page :)

hightides42

our Roots run deep
sounds like you have a handle on things Boss. its not that often nor long enough to be annoying, wanted to mention, and did want to ensure it wasnt my browser (haven't had cell in near 5yrs, needless to say much has changed o_O

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
sounds like you have a handle on things Boss. its not that often nor long enough to be annoying, wanted to mention, and did want to ensure it wasnt my browser (haven't had cell in near 5yrs, needless to say much has changed o_O
Just a little followup. The host now has the issue fixed and redis will now run natively on the server without me having to start it :)