What's new

Itchy swollen hands from mixing kava?

Bobbie73

Hello, newbie here looking for some insight. I have only ingested kava through herbal teas. I bought some wakacon powder to try the traditional method to help with anxiety. The tea bags didn’t really do anything for me. Last night I prepared my kava with warm water and the strainer bag. I kneaded it for 5-10 minutes. I had already had dinner so I put it in the fridge to save for today. Other than a small taste I didn’t ingest much. I woke this morning with swollen itchy hands and now I’m worried a won’t be able to drink it today. Any thoughts? Is this normal to have a skin sensitivity but still be able to consume kava? Help!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello, newbie here looking for some insight. I have only ingested kava through herbal teas. I bought some wakacon powder to try the traditional method to help with anxiety. The tea bags didn’t really do anything for me. Last night I prepared my kava with warm water and the strainer bag. I kneaded it for 5-10 minutes. I had already had dinner so I put it in the fridge to save for today. Other than a small taste I didn’t ingest much. I woke this morning with swollen itchy hands and now I’m worried a won’t be able to drink it today. Any thoughts? Is this normal to have a skin sensitivity but still be able to consume kava? Help!
No other issues anywhere else? It's likely your hands just don't like the drying actions of kava. Mine don't either. I turn into the Crypt Keeper if I don't use gloves when making kava.