What's new

itchy the next day

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
I drank fairly heavily all weekend (alcohol). Then last night I mixed up two very strong cups of Kalms instant (boro and ono) and passed out early. I woke up this morning with a bit of puffiness on my checks and random itching throughout my body. I had this happen to me two weeks ago as well but was a bit more severe and was from regular grind where I know I let to much through the bag. Anyone else get this almost temporary dermo like symptoms?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I drank fairly heavily all weekend (alcohol). Then last night I mixed up two very strong cups of Kalms instant (boro and ono) and passed out early. I woke up this morning with a bit of puffiness on my checks and random itching throughout my body. I had this happen to me two weeks ago as well but was a bit more severe and was from regular grind where I know I let to much through the bag. Anyone else get this almost temporary dermo like symptoms?
I've been taking coconut oil capsules for a month or so now and that's really helped me avoid dermo but I have been getting heavier and heavier on the kava recently so I am noticing some minor dermo. That's one thing that I did notice, a bit of itchiness. I do recommend the coconut oil however you decide to use it, oil, capsules or topically.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
I've been taking coconut oil capsules for a month or so now and that's really helped me avoid dermo but I have been getting heavier and heavier on the kava recently so I am noticing some minor dermo. That's one thing that I did notice, a bit of itchiness. I do recommend the coconut oil however you decide to use it, oil, capsules or topically.
I cook with it and occasionally put it in my coffee but the fact that it curbs hunger makes it hard for me as I need to eat around 5 meals a day in order to avoid getting very hangry. I'll try to up it somehow and see what it does. One thing I noticed is that when I sleep on my shoulder wrong it manifests pain in my middle back but after taking coco oil it disappears. Crazy stuff.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I've experienced the slight itchiness all over as well.....has happened during the night when I would wake up. Nothing major just all over slight itchiness. Its typically gone my morning and doesn't happen after every kava session. Weird.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I've had mad itchiness occasionally over the years - always after a big kava session, just for a day or two each time. But it happens once then not again for a couple of years. My scalp especially itched, and face felt slightly swollen and red. I put it down to a bad batch - perhaps mouldy, although no evidence. It last happened in 2014....I threw the kilo I had, got new stock and was fine after that.