What's new

I've been screwed!

Jerome

Kava Lover
1478484041005-1088292353.jpg
This evening I put a table spoon of stone and two scoops of mahakea in a jar with water to shake vigorously. I heard a tinging noise as if a small rock were in there as I laughed thinking... "oh that must be the stone!"

But I scooped out a stainless steel, half inch machine screw! As pictured. That's a first for me. Do I get a prize?

Reminds me my grandmother always used to use tooth picks to hold together her layered chocolate cakes. If you were fortunate enough to find one stuck in your mouth you were the winner.

Glad I don't toss and wash!

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Lol. I toss and wash but toss my stuff in thr blender first. You have me paranoid now though I shall sift through every. Granted I don't think GHK adds screws to their kava, but you never know.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I went through the rest of the powder. No metal! Strangest thing. Couldn't tell you if it was the stone or mahakea. Didn't notice the noise till i started shaking the jar. I drank it all anyways. Probably too much!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Lol. I toss and wash but toss my stuff in thr blender first. You have me paranoid now though I shall sift through every. Granted I don't think GHK adds screws to their kava, but you never know.
I have seen a lot of different things come from kava and yes even screws but I can guarantee that this screw did not come from my kava, my equipment does not have any screws like that and I check my equipment every time after use when I clean the equipment. Aloha.

Chris

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I have seen a lot of different things come from kava and yes even screws but I can guarantee that this screw did not come from my kava, my equipment does not have any screws like that and I check my equipment every time after use when I clean the equipment. Aloha.

Chris
Lol yeah I'd never expect to find anything in your kava but for high quality chemotypes. What all have you found in kava? Besides screws that is.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Lol yeah I'd never expect to find anything in your kava but for high quality chemotypes. What all have you found in kava? Besides screws that is.
I have found screws, chunks of metal that are big, I can tell they are the blades from a hammer mill that broke off, rubber bands, parts of plastic bags, rocks and a few other things I am not sure of what it was.
Aloha.

Chris

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Chris
That said N@H before not sure why Headhodge changed that...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol. I just love the pun @Jerome.. is that a pun ? either way it's hilarious lol. Oh must be the stone hahahaha oh wait theirs actually a screw in here .

Lol shit happens..thank god for N@H and GHK that it was one of us lovely people whom received the screw and not a crazy person

D

Deleted User01

I would parlay that screw with GHK for more kava!!
Or the people who sell Stone. There is no telling where the screw came from. Just depends on which of the two had a "loose screw". :wacky:
When we make Pinto Beans, we always have to hand pick the beans and look for little rocks. And this is something that people have been doing for 60 years that I know of. And we do toss and wash beans. :hungry:

Jerome

Kava Lover
@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava
I assumed it was the stone since it was probably processed in a third world village half way around the world. This happens. It really didn't bother me.

Yes it would have been funnier if it was a stone in my stone, but the screwed pun was a decent joke. I giggled till I felt glued into the couch by the mahakea/stone combo.

Let me clarify that this was not a "Rat in the KFC" report. I meant no malice to either vendor. I'm not trying to get anything free, honestly, I just thought it was funny at 10pm last night while I was getting thoroughly numb-faced!

D

Deleted User01

I just remembered the other day my wife found something in her food. Through on the table and said, what's this. Normally I will say something like, "A bone from the tiny hand of a unfornuate rat.". But ... not wanting to clean up the mpg mess later, I just said, 'I dunna. Don't worry about it, at least you found it'. It can happen and I would rather know it's a screw or small stone and not the rat bone of a very unlucky rodent.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I just remembered the other day my wife found something in her food. Through on the table and said, what's this. Normally I will say something like, "A bone from the tiny hand of a unfornuate rat.". But ... not wanting to clean up the mpg mess later, I just said, 'I dunna. Don't worry about it, at least you found it'. It can happen and I would rather know it's a screw or small stone and not the rat bone of a very unlucky rodent.
You mean extra calcium and minerals? Nothing wrong with a little rat bone in your garden salad!