What's new

Just got some Koniak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lird12

lird
And man.. do I love it. Never felt a kava like this before! I used 3 tablespoons to 1 cup of coconut water and took a big gulp and felt extremely pleasurable. I have 4 tbsp to 1 cup of c.water in the fridge.. can't wait to drink some later tonight. Anyone else love Koniak?

Bert07

Me like da kava
Oohh ya, Koniak is definitely my top even with all the tudei hype. It's a shame this kava has a bad rep with that.
Just as a heads up, if I were you you should make two cups with those 4 tbsp next time..it's more bang for the kava. 1 cup for every 2 tbsp is what I always do

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Oh yeah! I just tried it too. Got a sample bag; Mixed it all up just before weekend. I remember looking at it in the blender; Thick and bubbling, holding the promise of something magical. I remember trying a spoon full to see if the taste would be ok for me and feeling the effects, after only a spoonful! Needless to say, it was a good weekend.

D

Deleted User01

Thank's for the update on the Koniak. I also use Coconut water. I drink Kavain type Kavas during the day but I think I'm going to order both Boroguru and Koniak for the late afternoon knockout punch since I ran out of WOW. So my intake of Koniak will be minimal put effective. I'm convinced you can drink Koniak as look as you do so in moderation and not on a daily basis. That sucker gives you a lot of bank for the bucks.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I dont think it has a bad rep. It is basically the most cost effective kava available. Whether you want to drink it after the lebot stuff, that's between you and your conscience. It is definitely more of a nightcap kava though.

lird12

lird
What's the bad rep surrounding tudei kava's? I think I read something somewhere that it was perhaps toxic..?

D

Deleted User01

Tequila is toxic if you drink too much. The bottom line is use it in moderation. That being said, I'm ordering some in the next few days.

P.S. If you eyes start turning yellow please let me know ASAP.:D

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sure, but check out Adil's post on this thread from another expert. http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/two-day-or-not-two-day-that-is-the-question.1622/ The jury is definitely out. People have been drinking strong kavas occasionally for thousands of years, even in Vanuatu. In PNG, they drink Koniak daily without any reported problems. Personally, I'm convinced it's fine, especially when consumed in relative moderation. There's cyanide in apple seeds but you'd have to eat a shit load of them to do anything. I doubt there is any kava out there, even wichmanii strains, that is half as hard on the liver as alcohol, yet there's a good chance I'll have an Old Fashioned in the next couple days. Enjoy! It's really nice, high quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.